Sorry about the long outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
As many of you may have realized Aquarium Advice was down for a fairly long time today. The reason is that I was updating the server operating system. I have been doing this all week in slow steps. With out going into to much detail imagen your home computer was running Windows ME and you did a upgrade to Windows 2k and then a upgrade to windows xp all while your still using your computer for other things like webbrowsing, word-processing, banking, etc.

The most recent upgrade did some significant changes to our database server and the webserver.

Things appear to be OK now but I will be monitoring for a while for any residual backend issues.

When will the screens look the same again (or course with any improvements you made)? Emoticoms, donate kudos, are the ones I'm missing most. Then again, hopefully you won't tell me something's wrong with my computer and everyone else's looks fine.

I knew it. Something I've done.

I don't see the afformentioned things anymore. Everything looks different to me. On the home page also, the recent post area has the names and times of the last post for each message.

Maybe I did something during the outage. I had to establish another password and since then, a lot looks different.

On the home page also, the recent post area has the names and times of the last post for each message.

That has been like that for a week now and is a result of some changes made during the site upgrade that occured the end of last week. What I have been doing this week will have zero affect on what the site looks like.

Think of it like this. Your car looks a specific way visually from the outside. You change the transmision in it but the car still looks the same visually from the outside. This is what was done today and earlier this week.

Back
Top Bottom