South american suggestions for 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's pretty much my stock list, but mine are in a 125. Your O won't be able to turn around in a 55. The O and JD would need a 75g min. each to themselves. They would tear eachother up in that space, not enough territory to claim. If I had read up on this forum as much as I have now before I bought my fish, I would try some of the lesser known SA species. A lot of them are smaller, different and beautiful! These guys could list them out for you. You could have more fish that way.

I'm keeping my JD separate from my O, even in a 125, I wouldn't trust those two =)

I already have a community tank and wanted to get some bigger fish.

your pretty much limited to one big wet pet in the 55g and that's pushing it, most folks say all these fish would need a 75 min., but some web sites say 55g. I've read JDs can develop a hump back look in a 55g and they are the smallest of the fish mentioned

your pretty much limited to one big wet pet in the 55g and that's pushing it, most folks say all these fish would need a 75 min., but some web sites say 55g. I've read JDs can develop a hump back look in a 55g and they are the smallest of the fish mentioned

So what are some small SA that could go together in a 55g

Truthfully, it's been done and might be just fine, but I think he'd live longer, happier with more room.

So i would need about a 100-150 gallon to keep an oscar and a JD

firemouths, convicts, maybe a couple sevs? ( they might be too big.. ) I'm sure others may have more ideas

So i would need about a 100-150 gallon to keep an oscar and a JD

yeah, for two of any of the big boys, the footprint being more important than the gallons, a 6 footer

the final stocking for my 125 is gonna be fm, O, and 2 sevs. (the sevs are mild tempered compared to the rest) some might consider this overstocked... I guess you just imagine the fish full grown... 2 10 to 12 in. dudes in a 55g won't work. my 4 full grown will be pushing it, but fm and sevs smaller, I think, especially fm

Could i put some other fish in with those? I like the suggestion :)!

lol, I didn't mean all of them, some other opinions would be good, again, stocking not my specialty I think if you wanted a sev maybe one other of these or you could go 3 fish fm and con combo. I might be a stickler when it comes to space, though, others may disagree

lol, I didn't mean all of them, some other opinions would be good, again, stocking not my specialty I think if you wanted a sev maybe one other of these or you could go 3 fish fm and con combo. I might be a stickler when it comes to space, though, others may disagree

Could i manage 2 sevs, fires mouth pair, and 2 female convicts?

the sevs get the biggest of the 3, up to 8 in., I believe.. you might be able to pull off one of each, but I'm not sure

Back
Top Bottom