South american suggestions for 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just looked at a couple of websites and it says severums can fit in a 30 gal.

that's their opinion of the minimum space for one. You could do 2 sevs, or a combo of the three fish including one sev in the 55g., I think that's pushing it and most others will disagree, you will have to do extra wcs due to bioload. Probably sevs should be taken off the list..they're big. Think of it this way.. I'm only doing 4 fish in a 125, 3 big, one smaller..

that's their opinion of the minimum space for one. You could do 2 sevs, or a combo of the three fish including one sev in the 55g., I think that's pushing it and most others will disagree, you will have to do extra wcs due to bioload. Probably sevs should be taken off the list..they're big. Think of it this way.. I'm only doing 4 fish in a 125, 3 big, one smaller..

Ive got a 75 gallon filter for it so does that help with the bioload?

I don't know what you plan to spend, but cannister filters are the best imo. I got one for 75 on amazon

Ok so almost all of the fish you mentioned grow huge for this tank and won't be able to turn around, your bio-load will be the last thing you need to worry about when your fish are huge and aggressive. If you upgraded to a 75 or 100 your options would be greatly opened. The last thing you want to do is overstock a tank with large aggressive fish.

Im gonna get a marineland C-220 canister filter for my 55g hope that will give better filtration than my powerfilter

Back
Top Bottom