Spare tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a small spare tank. Was gonna put gravel in it and bring on some plants. Should I heat it, as I would be intending moving them to tropical tanks once larger? Presume it fill need some sort of filter/aeration. ?

The plants. I intend growing mixed varieties in a smaller tank before moving the plants to larger aquariums.

Oh y use the spare as a growing and not just put the plants just into the bi ?

I would say your best bet would be to heat it. A lot of plants do not like swings in temperature and water conditions.

Cycle it, throw in a few fish and ur plants and let don't worry about Ferts. Heat is a must with fish, however if you do not plan to keep fish in the tank then use Ferts. U can probably get away with no heater if u do not plan to keep fish as plants will thrive at a lot lower temperature than fish will :) but if u have one throw it in if u like but I wouldn't go spend money on one. Just my two cents :)

Put a filter on yes. As the tank matures it will not be necessary to keep buying new filter pads just keep it on to create a current. But keep buying the pads until u are sure u have a mature ecology

Great! Just follow directions on the fertilizer box and your set!

Back
Top Bottom