Spec 5 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoops that went way to early... Anyways! DHG going nuts!! Pogostemon is loving my co2. All cycled! 6 diamond head tetras and 1 beat up apisto recovering very nicely! Built a hood with a 18" t5 that is working very well. First planted tank ever!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423071927.037141.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423071946.624258.jpg

Question... What is and should I be worried about the white fuzz on my rosewood?

It's fungus. Nothing to worry about, quite natural actually. I believe snails or algae eaters go after it. Or you could remove it when you do a water change.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank is looking good... nice and green DHG! Another great example of the plant growing magic that is co2!

That white fungus will eventually disappear. Rub it off during your water changes.

It's fungus. Nothing to worry about, quite natural actually. I believe snails or algae eaters go after it. Or you could remove it when you do a water change.

Thats great because I am considering a otocinclus for clean up crew, need to rehome this apisto.. really wanted GBR is this tank.

Missed the dwarf cichlid part. Don't think this tank is large enough, especially for a GBR.

Missed the dwarf cichlid part. Don't think this tank is large enough, especially for a GBR.

Yea the apisto is temporary, he got his butt kicked in my 36gal and will be traded when his tail heals up. You don't think a 5g planted is ok 1 GBR?

Yea the apisto is temporary, he got his butt kicked in my 36gal and will be traded when his tail heals up. You don't think a 5g planted is ok 1 GBR?

Not even close to being big enough for a GBR in my opinion

That's a big no from me to, I'd never put anything other than nano fish or a betta in that small of a tank. Scarlet badis are the dwarf cichlids of nanos;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm a rift lake guy.. How about a pair of shellies? Never have had them before. 5 may still be way too small

I really like peacock gudgies too! They would be cool with an oto

Oh yah! Forgot about those little dudes, I'd think they'd do ok in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just looked up the badis very cool fish. Gonna see if my local cichlid guy has some

Just got back from petco, they have fluval LEDs on clearance. Got an 18" Eco bright and a 46" full spectrum for half off!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423160333.618908.jpg

I have a Fluval 24" Aquatic Life & Plant LED on a 26g Bow Front. It's a nice fixture. Definitely puts out a pleasant warm color temp. It's full spectrum with dedicated red diodes that overall, boast a high CRI (color rendering index).

Is this the 48" one you got?

I believe they're on clearance, most of Fluval's line, because they're ramping up to release a new line of them. I think the new ones will be dimmable.

Still, nice fixtures, IMO.

I have a Fluval 24" Aquatic Life & Plant LED on a 26g Bow Front. It's a nice fixture. Definitely puts out a pleasant warm color temp. It's full spectrum with dedicated red diodes that overall, boast a high CRI (color rendering index).

Is this the 48" one you got?

I believe they're on clearance, most of Fluval's line, because they're ramping up to release a new line of them. I think the new ones will be dimmable.

Still, nice fixtures, IMO.

I thought the fluvals received a lot of poor reviews? Maybe im wrong

I haven't seen negative reviews myself.. only complaints that Fluval refuses to release PAR data or even acknowledge it's a measurement we use in the hobby. To them, it's all about CRI. But I think with the added dimming capability, their next gen line should be interesting.

Here's the Fluval I have on top of a 21" tall tank.. plants do love it. I do run a Sat+ in tandem with it, however. Tall tank + moderate light requirements made me do it! LOL

It's no BML, but it works! Especially good if you can get it 50% off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom