Spending money on camera for fish pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a nice digital camera, but it is a point and shoot autofocus camera ($275). So, when I was talking to the guy at the camera store, I said I really like the camera that I have but it doesnt take good pictures of my fish tanks. I cant believe I am going to spend almost 800 dollars today so that I can have a DSLR camera that will take better pictures of my fish!! I know it is a great camera for other stuff too, but the main reason I am buying it is so I can use the manual focus to take better pictures of my fish. Has this "hobby" gotten out of hand??????

Me too!
I'm wrapped around mines slippery fins..........
Make it stoooppp!!!!

doesnt your point and shoot have a manual focus? not to talk you out of your purchase or anything.

Just got home from the store. One new Canon EOS Rebel XSi. Also one empty bank account.....

Ouch I use a powershot A470 or a coolpix S(omething or other), I couldnt spend that much on a camera. You do live in vegas and wait till you see the strip thru that lens.

My ex has a DSLR I got her for xmas one year, its nice to have but bulky for a digital. Dont get me wrong its heck of a digital cam but I for one cannot spend that money so I just get the cheapo 150-250 digitals and play with the settings and use editing programs to clean em up.

The D60 is a nice one but for a few bucks more you can get a D80 kit.

My ex has a DSLR I got her for xmas one year, its nice to have but bulky for a digital. Dont get me wrong its heck of a digital cam but I for one cannot spend that money so I just get the cheapo 150-250 digitals and play with the settings and use editing programs to clean em up.

The D60 is a nice one but for a few bucks more you can get a D80 kit.

Well, I can't afford it anyway. lol. Not only do you need the camera, but you'll need some lenses too.

yep those arent cheap either.

I deal with optics ALOT at work and well you really cannot get much better glass out of asian then nikons quality.

Leica on the other hand well lets just say if you got an extra 2K laying around you can get a entry level camera from them.
I used to have a coolpix gettin close camera, came with a pelican case and gorilla pod. it used carl zeiss optiks and that was one of the clearest cameras I have ever owned or even looked thru.

I am not sure what optiks the DSLR uses but I am sure it ranks close if not better then nikons monarch series optiks.

If you can get a 50mm 1.8 for your Rebel, you'd be in good shape. I've taken some great pics with that lens. Cheap, too.

Nice pickyup. I have a Nikon D-100. I bought it new a few years ago. I also use a Sony Mavica which takes awesome picture and has a great macro setup. In lights for our tanks it's penetration in DSLR camera's it's all about lenses. Have fun you will love your camera. With lens it gets a little heavy.

One of the things I remember from photography class as well as just farting around.....

....For close up focus see if your camera has a "macro" setting. This setting (or lens) if for taking real close up pics. An example would be if you see a picture of a single flower.

Back
Top Bottom