Splotchy Black Neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It isn't ICH it isn't Columnaris that I can tell. No fin rot on them or the other fish. It has been there for at least 2 1/2 weeks and doesn't seem contagious

Not cottony, not ulcerated. Just a loss of color or missing gills? nippy fish? Not sure. There is one fish that has a spot right above his top fin (like the saddle back) but again not fuzzy or fast moving.

I am trying to get a picture

1. Fish afflicted Black Neons
2. Ammonia - 0, Nitrites - 0, Nitrates 10, pH 8 and temp of about 76-79
3. Tank is 75 gallons
4. We are using an Eheim 2073 (rated for up to 90 gallons, 275 gal/h)
5. We have 5 nippy glo danios, 11 black neons and 5 red eye tetras
6. Water change was on Friday will be Friday again unless needed sooner. I remove 10-50% at a time depending
7. Have had the fish for about 4-8 mos. In the tank for 3 mos
8. Not when this started. I have recently (as in 2 days ago) added some rock, limestone
9. I have fed them Aqueon flake food, spectrum tropical flakes, a few peas here an there (one of the danios is FAT). Diet has not changed recently.

I'm just not sure if I should worry. Do nipped fish look like this? Curious if the Danios are causing a problem and if I should rehome them.

Any advice? I am trying to get pics but it's tough.

Thanks!

I got a pic. I'm not sure what it is but it is slowly progressing. I was thinking Costia and debating raising the temp or just culling suspicious fish. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• image-720847869.jpg
    image-720847869.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 53
I previously had a mean bitey red eye he and his pals were re-homed to a bigger tank with bigger fish, Giant Danios and Gourami and black skirts, he behaved after that. I would make sure who may be the aggressors, just in case, I would hate to see you get rid of the wrong ones.

Can't tell from the pic and am not the best and don't have a very wide experience base on curing sickness.

Probably will get a good answer to help, I hope they get well. It is scary, sad and frustrating when they aren't well.

I would do pwc since clean water should only help. When I had problems, I was told to just keep doing pwc to give fish optimum environment/chance to recover.

Think I should pull all the black neons and see if they get better? I've had problems with this group before they were sick with something when I got them and went through all sorts of Meds so I'm not sure of their overall health. The glo danios are most likely the problem if it is nipping but the fins look fine. This is just on the scales.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom