spur of the moment diy background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chas10

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I wanted a new background but didn't want to go out & buy materials to make one so I painted a peice of parchment paper with the colors I wanted. Nothing fancy just yellow, & orange. Then I put another peice of parchment on top of that when it dried. What do yall think?

ForumRunner_20130613_150650.jpg

I actually used wax paper, sorry the two confuse me. But I guess that will work better at resisting any water that gets on it

Apparently I accidently made a background that changes color at night. Sweet!

ForumRunner_20130613_204824.jpg

I bake, so I have plenty of wax paper on hand and I have a giant box of acrylic paints from painting background onto my tanks. And my betta fry tank is currently without a background, as is my cray tank... I think I know what I'm doing with my day off tomorrow.

Love it & how it changes. I took a peice of matting that was blue, sprayed pearling paint & then used a brush to mute it with white acrylic paint. Like it much better now.

image-4181368807.jpg

Before

image-1285129018.jpg

After

Love it & how it changes. I took a peice of matting that was blue, sprayed pearling paint & then used a brush to mute it with white acrylic paint. Like it much better now.

Before

After

That looks much nicer! I had black craft foam on mine but the softer look is so much better

Back
Top Bottom