St. Louis reefers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, we all need to meet over at Dean's some time, just to shoot the breeze. I asked Dean to turn some of his other customers on to this site. He said he would try. He said that Mike Garrison would probably be interested in this site. Tony, I dont know if you have seen Mikes 125 reef, but it is awesome!

I dont know tony simmons. It would be awesome to get all the reefers i know and the reefers you know together. I bet we could get some good swapping going on.

Jblitz has a really nice 46 bowfront to. his pic is posted in the fulltank shots thread under the showoff photos forum, btw, you need to post some pics.

I would like to see it, reef tanks are awesome looking. Tony Simmons has a fantastic 46 gallon BF reef tank. Someday soon I will enter the ranks of reefers.

I have found that if you do good with a FOWLR and get good lighting and monitor your calcium, reef tanks are pretty easy. I honestly think, Fish are much harder than corals. JMO

I'm from St. Louis! Well, actually I'm living in U. City but am moving to South Grand in the city at the end of the month.

I'm new to reef keeping, but have kept a lot of African cichlids in the past. What are the best LFS in the area, on my side of the river and/or just on the Illinois side? I've been to Beldt's up north, which is a bit of a drive, and to a couple in the Clayton area which had nice setups but were pricey. I'm a humble graduate student looking for some good deals.

Anyhow, it's nice to see others in the area on the site. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Best wishes,
Michael

hey mtglore, i've been to a couple good stores in clayton. saltwater city and claton pet emporium. both were very cool and pretty reasonable. especially clayton pet emporium, they had the best deal on live rock i've seen in the area. i think it was 4.99 a lb. it is premium live rock so you cant beat it. also a bit of a drive for me is reefsystems soon to be tropics in St. Charles. very cool store with nice people. the only store i have ever seen carry Mh bulbs and ballasts in store.

Back
Top Bottom