stained anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aarref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
yesterday on 3 fish few white spots appeared, therefor i aded medicine(copper less) this have a green colour. but my carpet anemone stained light green does it last for ever?

What was the exact name of the treatment used. Something that alters the color of an animal sounds very dubious. Many of these types of treatments should not be used with sensative inverts if used at all.

Greenex? Malachite green?

Cheers
Steve

Jungle Labratories does not list any info about the product ingredients. Please post the ingredient list from the bottle if available. I am unfamiliar with the product.

Anyone else?

Cheers
Steve

Are you still treating and how has the tang responded? The ingredients of this product are not that well geared towards C. irritans but may have an effect on Amyloodinium.

The acriflavine is what's caused the discoloration. I would not recommend an "intank" treatment in future but if the tang has recovered, I would definately suggest several large water changes with well aged SW and use some carbon swapped out several times to remove any remnants of the treatment.

Cheers
Steve

tonight about an hour ago few white spots on the tang and on the flag butterflyfish had come out! the problem is that i finished the medicene would they make it till monday morning? 10x 4 evrytning

aarref said:
tonight about an hour ago few white spots on the tang and on the flag butterflyfish had come out!
So the problem just started? Which was the last fish added and how long ago?

the problem is that i finished the medicene would they make it till monday morning?
If the problem just started, how did you run out I don't understand what you mean?

If C.irritans is what the fish have, they should be fine for a few days but I would strongly urge you to get a >>quarantine tank<< set up approriate for the total amount of fish you have and treat them all there. The display tank can then be left fallow for about 6 weeks and you can be rid of the problem permanently provided any new fish are also introduced via QT.

10x 4 evrytning
Huh :?:

Cheers
Steve

withe spot

2 weeks ago they had few withe spots caused by stess and i put the madicen and yesterday too white spot appeared and i put the madicen!!!
the boottle only treats 2 times before it is finished!!!
the last fish was the Moorisd Idiol and an 8 banded butterfly but they have no withe spot!!! so if i understood you they will make it till monday!!

Re: withe spot

aarref said:
so if i understood you they will make it till monday!!
Yes they will.

From what I can gather from your posts, the success of the product has helped the symptoms of the parasite but has not actually eliminated the problem from the tank. You should seriously consider the quarantine, else you will be continuously battling this problem.

With the amount of fish you have being a 275 gal, this will not be easy but the alternatives are not good either.

Cheers
Steve

Monday is near!!!!!:)

thank you very much the fact that i know that till monday they will makeit as i taght but i wasn`t certain. on monday i will buy the medicine and treat the aquarium then will see if it will come out again. i think too that the withe spot had conme with the new arrivals!!! and another thing is that the purpel tip anemone staining in fadeing!! thus i think within a week will desapear the color!!!

Back
Top Bottom