Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
T-minus 13 hours and 45 minutes until I'm watching the opening text scroll.

Is anyone else sillyheaded enough to stay up tonight for a midnight-ish showing?

Three coworkers and I bought tix about 3 weeks ago online and will be @ the theater two hours early tonight. My wife called us 'nerds' (nerds rule the world) and I'll regret not getting the sleep, but screw it all.

Linkage :

http://www.starwars.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/

We have a new theater about 2 miles from my house that opens at 12:01am tonight with the showing of SW......

I wont be seeing it though for a few weeks... :wink:

PS. If I wasnt going out of town, and my wife wasnt such a chicken at home alone, then I would def go!!! :p

We have a new theater about 2 miles from my house that opens at 12:01am tonight with the showing of SW......

I'll be driving about 25 mins to the theater, which has a 12:01,2,3,4,5 showing. I'm looking @ my tix for the 12:04 showing - with Vader's theme looping in my head. :D

I heard it was better than any previous installment of the series. Should be interesting to see what they did to get the PG-13. I heard from a friend (not sure of accuracy on this) that it originally got a R rating. That's the one I would want to see. Skywalker's fall shouldn't be a kids movie.

Unfortunately it's going to be a while before I get to see it.

"Nasty and dark as a Sith Lord's soul, the film deserves its PG-13 rating, so remember that when the tots begin to beg.

The severings will come as no surprise; most of the other "Star Wars" movies feature flying body parts."

From http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmateocountytimes/localnews/ci_2741111

I haven't heard anything about an 'R' rating, but it takes quite a bit for any movie to get an 'R' rating anymore. :|

:edit:
Oh yeah, I completely plan to take my digicam with me, and a coworker is busting out his Qui-Gon Jinn costume, so expect pics. :D
:/edit:

im thinking about going tommorow if the timming works out. I have off tommorow from work but I have two things I need to do in the morning and early afternoon so unless the show times work out right I wont be able to get it in before I have to pickup the little one.

I'm going tomorrow evening, and on a side note I think lucas is crazy for not finishing the 9 part set. :roll:

Already have my tickets for opening afternoon, Not crazy enough to catch the midnight showing at the local theatre.

cJw said:
T-minus 13 hours and 45 minutes until I'm watching the opening text scroll.

I just need to know.... did anyone dress up??? 8O

I was watching the news on the opening here in DC and there were yodas, vader, and all sorts of critters running around... :roll:

cJw said:
. My wife called us 'nerds' (nerds rule the world)

hmmm... I think I will side with her on this one :lol:

i went to a midnight showing last night (BTW it was my girlfriends idea not mine, i didn't see the point, and didnt want to feel like a nerd). There weren't a ton of people dressed up...one guy had a vadar mask, others just had robes on, and some more just had toy light sabors they were playing with. The thing i was suroprised about was how many younger kids were there. Not because it was PG-13, but because they wouldnt be getting out until 3 in the morning on a school night

Well, I finally dragged my arse into work; I got in at 3:30am and had no problem staying awake. :D

I'd give it 4.25/5 stars ; -.5 for Lucas' dialogue writing and -.25 for something indescribable that won't let me give it a 4.5.

Ep 3 was, by far, the best of the prequels. This ranks up there w/ 4,5 and 6 - and a must see if you're a fan. Don't let the Epi 1 and 2 deter you - you need to see this in the theater.

Sure enough, it did deserve the PG13 rating, although not really until the last 20 minutes.

Tons of great lightsaber battles; Yoda got to kick more butt than he has before and Obi Wan and Anakin showed some mad Jedi skillz, yo. :)

Overall, action packed, excellent 'flow' (no overly long plot building scenes), and effects that show we're not too far at all from 'seamless integration'.

Oh - and Obi Wan got to deliver the 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' line. :D

Oh#2 - Lucas himself has a cameo - he's a blue faced alien in a hallway that Anakin passes by - look quick, or miss him.

My idiot self remembered my tix, but forgot my digicam, and of course, I was the one everyone else thought 'would bring his' - so we got no pix. :| I do have some online from some friends' trip to the Celebration III : Qui Gon went with us last night in full gear - with his new lightsaber I don't have pics of :( - and managed to get himself on the news, battling with Darth Maul. :)

Anyways - here's the Qui Gon costume :

img_410505_0_d58184ab72c867c42c4dbdee8920536e.jpg

img_410505_1_ebfff0bb527dcac7e8d017a6f4a614ca.jpg

We also got into a local paper; perhaps that pic will end up scanned and in my hands. :D

You're still reading? GO NOW - SKIP WORK - SEE EP 3! :)

I'd give it 4.25/5 stars ; -.5 for Lucas' dialogue writing and -.25 for something indescribable that won't let me give it a 4.5.

i wouldn't be taht generouse in my ranking....3, 3.5 tops...but that's my opinion

Ep 3 was, by far, the best of the prequels. This ranks up there w/ 4,5 and 6 - and a must see if you're a fan. Don't let the Epi 1 and 2 deter you - you need to see this in the theater

I agree its better then the last 2, but i wouldnt go so far as saying it ranks with empire strikes back or the original star wars (it will never be A New Hope to me). Return of the JEdi...maybe.

i wouldnt go so far as saying it ranks with empire strikes back or the original star wars (it will never be A New Hope to me). Return of the JEdi...maybe.

I liked it enough to rank it w/ 4,5,6; I wouldn't rank it above any of those, though - I mean, there was no Han Solo?! :wink:

I mean, there was no Han Solo?!

Thankfully....i didn't want to see every chartecter rehashed

there were rumors for awhile that a young solo was going to be in it with the scenes with the wookies

Well the show times didnt work out for me today so its going to have to wait another week before I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom