star ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouyld go for the red brittle stor. I have one and he is very cool, they are quite fast and squeeze in everywhere. I also get to hand feed him. I hold out meat, and he feels it and grabs and pulls it in. However, I am sure those stars act similarly.

gonne be my first star :) been wanting some just kinda nervous about them doing damage !! so the red brittles are the better choice huh !!

Brittle/serpent stars are increadibley hardy. I have had my black banded serpent now for about 6 years and a black brittle for 5. If you decide on other stars be sure to steer clear of linkia's. No matter how well the tanks doing there is less than a 50/50 chance they will survive the first year let alone the first few weeks. For more mature tanks I would also recommend Fromia and Tamaria.

Cheers
Steve

i dont know which is the best.. but by look, i gotta say Red Brittle Star :D

I like the harlequin, but the stripes on the bands kind of remind me of snakes - my wife would flip out. :twisted:

We actually left the mall one time because a guy from the petstore was walking around carrying a large snake. I'm not kidding - we had to leave the entire mall. :lol:

I have 3 brittle stars that I know are there

I have 3 brittle stars that I know are there but have never seen since I put them in.

I have an Orange Linkia it's pretty cool but my new fave is the Fromia I bought for $9.99 at Petco....It does tend to eat some of my corraline. My tank is all pink and purple so the small clean spots really pop where it ate. But I dig the Fromia. Much bigger than the Linkia, each arm is about 1 inch long and thicker raised body.

got my stars they are alot bigger than i ever thought they be !! from arm to arm they are 12"-14" ! very cool :) also they had a deal if ya order on wends-thrus ya can get a pair of fighting conchs or t-shirt or some sort of coral !! went with the fighting conchs :) anyone of ya have these?? thoughts?

I have a fighting conch. He's awesome. The only issue with him is, he's clumsy and from time to time will push over some of the corals that sit on the sand bed. It's been great for cleaning the sand though. :D

Back
Top Bottom