Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpeterslll

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got a couple pieces of live rock in my tank about a week ago. A week later I noticed tiny starfish walking around my tank, so far there are two, At only 1/4 inch in length. I hope to take care of them properly so they can live and grow to full size.

What should be done to be sure they are taken care of properly. All I have are 5 damsels and a few hermit crabs and snails in the tank, so I don't think they are in any danger from the other fish.

are they white with little brown spots? or are they more like a serpent or brittle star? If they are the first be careful with corals they can eat them. I just left mine in the tank and they seem to be fine but no corals in the tank. No special treatment is required for these little tanks.

I'm not sure what kind it is yet. It's brown right now.

I don't have much live coral in there yet except for the live rock. The rest are coral skeletons.

No worries, they will clean up what the fish miss and sift through the sand for food.
They are probably mini brittles, that what most of us get on LR and they generally stay small.

Back
Top Bottom