started. stopped. STARTED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could see if the guy will take less for the rock instead of passing on it altogether.

Good point! Thanks.

Lights fell into the tank last night on to the rocks. Ouch.

Bright side: the glue is dry on the rocks! They didn't move!

The lights have a small scratch. Nothing major BUT I have yet to turn them back on lol.

Being the genius that I am, I didn't place it on a stud in the wall. As a result it fell out of the wall.

Lesson: when hanging heavy items make sure you place it on a stud not just drywall. Lol.

I'm struggling to find egg crate or even a milk crate I can disassemble. What are my other alternatives? Given that the rocks are glued in place (lol the light fell on them) should I still worry if I place them I directly on the glass?

And should I waste my money on a bag of live sand?

For some reason egg crate = milk crate in my mind. That being said I'm not certain actually egg crate would be all that effective and what about chemicals leaking from it?

Thanks!!

No worries! I went into home depot and said I was looking for egg crate and they looked at me as if I had two heads.

Went back with the link and found it rapidly.

It was a struggle to adjust the rocks on the egg crate as they are glued together so I guess that is a good thing. Lol

Pet smart currently has a bucket of instant ocean salt on sale for about forty bucks. I didn't pick any up but I am contemplating it.

I don't have enough pfs and forgot to pick some up. I will get some later. Going to put in what I have and start this cycle tomorrow!

Because sometimes I think I'm a genius I think of stuff and then I realize I am in fact NOT a genius.

That being said.... I was/am going to wash the sand in the tank. I'll see how much it compacts. Stupid idea .but I'm currently too lazy to take it back out.

I was thinking of doing a fish in cycle. A little fish with a small bioload. Any thoughts?

Because sometimes I think I'm a genius I think of stuff and then I realize I am in fact NOT a genius.

That being said.... I was/am going to wash the sand in the tank. I'll see how much it compacts. Stupid idea .but I'm currently too lazy to take it back out.

A

All my cycles have been fish in ;)

I think they all turned out ok agree? :)

Back
Top Bottom