Starting 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got a cleaner shrimp. They were out of pistol shrimp. I also got a hairy mushroom, a tri colored birdnest, some star polyps, some green branchy thing?, and 2 others that I'm not sure of but I think 1 is zoas.

Khij159753 said:
So I got a cleaner shrimp. They were out of pistol shrimp. I also got a hairy mushroom, a tri colored birdnest, some star polyps, some green branchy thing?, and 2 others that I'm not sure of but I think 1 is zoas.

Can't wait to see them! :)

I'll post pics soon. In the meantime my scooter blenny just changed infinite weirdest colors ever! He was like orange with blue spots! It was crazy! These are my first corals sonic what to expect but my star polyps look very bad and the coral idk about looks like a painted rock haha. The other ones look good. The really green one at the store has lost some o it's green but is still pretty.

How do you add a coral to a tank? Do you glue the whole plug down? Just set it in the tank? Cut the coral off and glue it to a piece if LR? I have them just sitting in my tank on the plugs but I want coral growin on the rock. Idk how that'll happen if they stay on the large plugs?

I think you can put them on the rock with the plug still attached and they will spread and grow and you won't see the plug anymore. I wouldnt glue them in until you know its a good place for the coral to Survive and grow happily. I've never owned a coral so I don't know exactly. I'm interested in finding out what the others have to say.

Yeah. I also am curious about how that would work with hard coral? Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
You generally keep it on the plug, even with sps

So jut glue the plug to the LR? The plug is so big though! And what if I wanna move the coral? Any other advice for placing coral? I just added my first pieces :) how long will it take for soft coral to start covering a rock?

So they move? That's even better! When you say spread do you mean like get larger or multiply? I'm still curious what this piece is but will have to wait to get a pic, seriously looks like a painted rock. Also need advice on my star polyps that look in terrible shape :/ but my zoas, fuzzy mushroom, birdsnest, and whatever that otherone is are looking good :)

Sweet! Can't wait to see :) I woke up this morning and any corals that weren't on the sandbed..... Are now.... Gotta glue em down!

Khij159753 said:
Sweet! Can't wait to see :) I woke up this morning and any corals that weren't on the sandbed..... Are now.... Gotta glue em down!

Oh dang! Maybe Truro just use a little glue in case you Have to move them.

I got them attached and got some pics :) I'll post soon :) didn't get a pic of my shrimp though :/ he molted and now is hiding.

Back
Top Bottom