Starting 75gal help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not familiar with how rena's flow but if it is bottom to top I think you may need to rearrange. Same with your AC110. AC's flow bottom to top, out the waterfall. You would want your coarse sponge at the bottom, bio in the middle and floss up top with a few bioballs on top to keep it in the filter.

The same would be true with your Rena if it is like my Fluval. You want the coarse sponge to trap all the big debris, you wouldn't want your bio balls catching all that, they will be impossible to clean .

That does make sense. I'll have to have a look and see what is best.

I'm not familiar with how rena's flow but if it is bottom to top I think you may need to rearrange. Same with your AC110. AC's flow bottom to top, out the waterfall. You would want your coarse sponge at the bottom, bio in the middle and floss up top with a few bioballs on top to keep it in the filter.

The same would be true with your Rena if it is like my Fluval. You want the coarse sponge to trap all the big debris, you wouldn't want your bio balls catching all that, they will be impossible to clean .

:agree:
The Rena are from the bottom up. The water flows on the sides of the baskets then up threw the middle.

Good eye Meegosh

Last edited:
I will take care of that issue.

So I looked at my stock and it looks like my stock list includes 3 types that are blue and one that is red. Will this look good? And is there a way to get some variation??

I will take care of that issue.

So I looked at my stock and it looks like my stock list includes 3 types that are blue and one that is red. Will this look good? And is there a way to get some variation??

I would change the msobo or however it is spelled and look around on there site for something else. The female afra looks like a grayish blue

No bee but labs work

Nice. I think that is what I'll do then. I always liked the look of a yellow lab.

So I'll have blue red and yellow. Pretty good. I know a lot of people with cichlid tanks that have a pleco too? Is that a good idea or not for this tank? Maybe give it more variation in color along with more movement.

Nice. I think that is what I'll do then. I always liked the look of a yellow lab.

So I'll have blue red and yellow. Pretty good. I know a lot of people with cichlid tanks that have a pleco too? Is that a good idea or not for this tank? Maybe give it more variation in color along with more movement.

Pleco's don't really move or swim around a lot but if ya wanted you could add one. Cichlids usually leave them alone. I didn't have one for the longest time till someone gave one to me. I don't see it a lot and it blend in with the background. It will however help keep the rocks clean. So it's more of personal preferences if ya get one or not. You could also get synodontis catfish. You'll need to watch whatever you get because both ( some) synodontis and pleco get huge.

Pleco's don't really move or swim around a lot but if ya wanted you could add one. Cichlids usually leave them alone. I didn't have one for the longest time till someone gave one to me. I don't see it a lot and it blend in with the background. It will however help keep the rocks clean. So it's more of personal preferences if ya get one or not. You could also get synodontis catfish. You'll need to watch whatever you get because both ( some) synodontis and pleco get huge.

Alright cool. I'll look into it. It might be cool to have a bottom dweller in there ( i think they are at least). Do you know which types would be good that don't get too big? I'll have to look at the fish profiles of some.

Alright cool. I'll look into it. It might be cool to have a bottom dweller in there ( i think they are at least). Do you know which types would be good that don't get too big? I'll have to look at the fish profiles of some.

For your size tank I'd have to look them up aswell

My wife looked up bottom dwellers for our 55g to go with our mbuna i remember a bristlenose pleco being one and what we currently have now which is synodontis dwarf petricola (also called lucipinnis) We have 4 they get like 3-4inchs

My wife looked up bottom dwellers for our 55g to go with our mbuna i remember a bristlenose pleco being one and what we currently have now which is synodontis dwarf petricola (also called lucipinnis) We have 4 they get like 3-4inchs

Thanks for the info! I'll look into those.

Looks like my tank hasn't started the cycle much. The ammonia looks about the same and 0 on the other two. Going to try to seed with more stuff.

Looks like my ammonia has gone down a little but still no nitrites or nitrates :/. What do you guys think?

image-2035948224.jpg

Looks like my ammonia has gone down a little but still no nitrites or nitrates :/. What do you guys think?

Looks to me like the seeded filter pads isn't doing you much good. Keep it up it will cycle, plus you.can keep adding more bacteria from the other tank.

Looks to me like the seeded filter pads isn't doing you much good. Keep it up it will cycle, plus you.can keep adding more bacteria from the other tank.

I'm afraid if I take too much it will hurt my other tank.

Back
Top Bottom