Starting a 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Akpahsj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 36 gallon tank ready to be stocked. I was hoping to get a community of corys, gouramis, and platies. However, I also have a 5 gallon tank with 3 columbian tetras. They are my first fish and I didn't know they would get so big. I know the 5 gallon is too small for them, so I would like to put them in the 36 gallon and get some guppies for the 5. I was wondering if my tetras would get along with the gouramis n platies? I'm not sure how many of each I should get either.Thanks!

The tetras can be nippy, so they might annoy your gourami. It's hard to say. But they definitely don't belong in a 5 gallon so I agree that you need to move them over. They also want and need to be in a full school, so you'll need some more.

Yah I heard they can get nippy but in a larger school they usually keep to themselves. Also I forgot to say dwarf gouramis specifically. I have heard that the females are rather shy and get stressed with active fish like the tetras.

Also if I'm getting platies should I get both male and female? I don't plan on taking care of fry.

Back
Top Bottom