Starting a 72 gal Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wanted to say hi and tell you a little about new tank.

72 gal and my set up so far is...First my husband does not do anything small and he has built me a sump and a water staging system in the basement. The water will go through an RO unit to a 40 gallon Rubbermaid container in the basement where the water will be preprocessed before getting pumped upstairs to the tank. He has placed a switch under the tank to pump the water up to the salt tank which has a 20gallon long sump tank. The tank has been drilled and we are just waiting for a few more components before getting started.

My rock is being cured and some of my fish have been ordered and are in quarantine.

I have ordered a skimmer but I have heard that I may not need one. I was curious on what some of you guys think of skimmers.

My fish so far...
Dottyback
Grammas
Clownfish
Tang(Powder Blue and Yellow)

I do know that I have to be careful w/the Grammas and was told to get the Gramma first and make sure it's use to frozen food before I get a clean up crew. I also heard that if the Dottyback and Grammas are close in color that could be and issue. Any feedback would be appreciated :) The more I know the better I feel.

Well I guess that was more then a little. Sorry just excited!! :D

Back
Top Bottom