Starting a Guppy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

citroen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 60ltr tank and I would like to have just guppy's in there.
This is what I have.
Two males, one blue and one red tails.
Four females but they are young still but in a separate tank, they are the daughters of either of the mails.
I gave away all my females and there young but left with above.
Now is this a good idea or will I be over run with guppies?

I keep live-bearers (guppies, endlers, platies, and a molly) with my dwarf gourami, but I only keep males. No breeding problems, and the males are prettier anyway.

I keep live-bearers (guppies, endlers, platies, and a molly) with my dwarf gourami, but I only keep males. No breeding problems, and the males are prettier anyway.
The males only is a good idea so I popped round to my local fish shop but he told me he cannot sell me only males, he then said I have to have 3 females to I male.

This is what I did when I was living in Kansas City, i had an arrangement with the manager of Pet World: I traded Guppies for merchandise. Because I keep heavily planted tanks, he was getting healthier Guppies from me than he was from his supplier and I was getting food, filter material, and fertilizers for the trade. You just need to talk to the pet stores and see if they are willing to trade: mom and pop stores are more willing than Petsmart and Petco.

The males only is a good idea so I popped round to my local fish shop but he told me he cannot sell me only males, he then said I have to have 3 females to I male.

What???
Pah!
I'd take my money elsewhere.
Forever.
I don't know what you have for LFS, but I have a Petco and a PetSmart nearby. They don't attempt to regulate my purchases.
But even if there was no one close but this guy, I'd drive 10 miles to not do business with him.

That's me for ya.
I'm like that.

Example: I have not stepped foot into a Walgreens since 1988. They lost my honeymoon photos.

Would defiantly, yes defiantly, never ever go back! Nor would I ever quit telling anyone who would listen, and I talk a lot.

Just the redneck in me. Lol[emoji35]

What???
Pah!
I'd take my money elsewhere.
Forever.
I don't know what you have for LFS, but I have a Petco and a PetSmart nearby. They don't attempt to regulate my purchases.
But even if there was no one close but this guy, I'd drive 10 miles to not do business with him.

That's me for ya.
I'm like that.

Example: I have not stepped foot into a Walgreens since 1988. They lost my honeymoon photos.

Back
Top Bottom