Starting a Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,
My name is Des and I am a fresh water girl. I currently have 3 tanks up and running. A 36, 25, and 10.

I hate what I have going with the 10 gallon and would love to turn it into a nano reef but am way in the deep end on this one.

It is a ten gallon Marineland aquarium with built in led lights, a bio wheel right size A filter and a normal heater.

I know I will need to make a few new purchases but have not the faintest idea as to what I am missing other than salt water, live rock and the lucky little new home owner :)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

any and all advice welcome!!!!!

Hi Des. Wow. I wouldn't know where to begin. Just do some research. Decide if u want corals, fish, etc. The built in LEDs probably aren't strong enough for a reef nano. Good water movement is a must. Power heads r nice for that. Make sure it's a really small 1. Too big and you wont c anything but swirling sand. That's just a tiny part of the reef nano. There's so much more but u need to research the subject like I wrote before. Good luck

I agree my advice would be to go to youtube they have plenty of videos on how to start a Nano reef... The equipment you need as well as how the equipment works. That's how I got going.

Welcome to the salty side :). 1st make a list of lovestocks you wanna have, since you only have 10g youll only have few fish, second gather a supplies ask ur lfs for a better lighting for the corals if u wanna keep corals, then get a couple of power heads at least 200gph, and get a better filter just ask lfs or im sure someone here has a specific name or brand.

Thanks guys!! All good advice :) I have a topfin power head (30) is that too much?

Back
Top Bottom