Starting New Tank: The Candy Bin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome idea! And not costly in the least. :D (college budget woohoo...)

Edit: Oh and thanks for the "Q"-Tip. :rolleyes:

No problem! Hope it works out for you! If the Q-Tip tip doesn't work, lol, you can get a sponge for around $.50 and try that. :)

Went along with the Q-tip and sealed it up. Hopefully once and for all this time! Here are some pics of the tank. I'll clean it up with a razor blade once it's good and tested. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 80
Wo, so cool. I want 1. lol. I thought silicone did not stick to acrylic so well?

That stuff seems to want to stick quite well. Much of that stuff you see up there is what I couldn't get off from earlier attempts. xD

You and me both! I'm thinking of going for a pair of dwarf puffers or just one puffer and a little school of Endlers.

Anyone know where I can get red ramshorn snails? They're awfully cool.

#1, you want puffers, make it a puffer only tank. Trust me learn the easy way.

#2 the ramshorn snails are cool, but they will also be delishous to your puffers. :)

Gotcha on the puffers. :) As for the ramshorns, I was hopefully gonna set up a breeding colony in another tank. So the puffers would eat them faster than they can make new snails?

Ya, probably. You could probably have them in the tank before hand and allow a colony to start then get the puffer fish. But in the end with such a small tank the puffers will get them. I will tell you this, if you did that when you drop those puffer fish in it would be like christmas morning with all the snails. There eyes will sparkle. Your best bet is to have a small seperate tank for breeding snails. It is not hard, trust me. Have oyu estimated about how many gallons it is?

Heheh, I almost like the idea of bringing them home to a tank full of Christmas joy. :p Then a snail tank I shall have! :D

ummm, no. Let me put it this way, puffers REALLY like inverts, and not in a loving way.

Ah, I meant the snails and shrimp.* Yeah, I've been watching many puffer vids on Youtube and doing my puffer research. Dwarfpuffers.com was a big help. :)

Heheh, wish the dwarfs could crush snails like that, but they usually suck them out of their shell, yeah? I got a few snails from Petsmart for free and put em in my other tank. I guess I'll have a snail supply on hand in no time. :)

lol, all you have to do is buy some plants and you will get plenty. Start dropping some food in there like you are feeding the fish (in reality you are feeding the snails) and the will populate in no time.

Back
Top Bottom