Starting tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuriuskitten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I decided to buy a 29g marineland curve front for my boys. It's gonna be dinosaur themed and I have two decorations and a rad background coming. In the meantime my pool filter sand is looking awesome. Also got 4 pieces of spider wood which I plan to cover in Xmas moss.

Anyway, I was just excited to share that tank has really started. Fluval C2 hob filter and heater going. Seachem stability to help cycle start.

Just sad I don't have plants yet. Tank looks so naked and I'm so impatient to see it fully aquascaped. Decided on 2 small gourami, and bunch of tiny tetras with a few amano shrimp. Nothing crazy.

Sounds like a cool tank, they will love it. Just watch your water parameters while cycling during start up so your fish don't start kicking the bucket. And enjoy, and good luck!

Thanks! I'll try to post some pics, but what I have so far is nowhere near finished. I hope my vision and reality are going to be same. In my mind this is the best tank ever.... ��

Yah waiting out cycling process is tough, but I'm planning another larger tank for hubby. That helps me pass time.

On subject of cycling... Shouldn't I still be seeding tank with food or something to create ammonia, even though I'm using stability?

Yes. Ammonium chloride (eg Dr Tims) is an aquarium specific product that is used as a ammonia source. Also pure ammonia (bleach, make sure it has no additives, perfumes etc), fishfood, shrimp also work.

IMO ammonia or ammonium chloride is easier to dose to correct concentration than trying to guess with fishfood.

Back
Top Bottom