Starving Dwarf Gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So sorry to hear about your little guy!

I agree, it seems to be a bad time for DG's for some weird reason.

My 2 DG's a complete opposites too. But both will graze on the bottom though. But they are never hiding, always following me wherever I go lol. My blue one is a real meanie like his, and he's a hog. My red one is SUPER nice and really funny.
I hope if you do get one in the future, that you don't have as many problems as you have had.

Hollie ~ I think you can soak just about anything in it. I would soak it either overnight or at least 10-20 mins in the garlic juice.
P.S. If it is in oil, I would find something fresher.

In my opinion,
From experience also - paradise fish like quite a fishless tank - when you add them with lots of fish i have found that they dont tend to get on well resulting in their hiding.

My paradise (albino) which i have had for a while now has been fine.
Try to give them one on one time = i know that sounds funny,
Try and feed them by hand when using bloodworm or flakes or whatever,
You can buy a DG at this time of year if you wish to,
Just give it time and attention and dont let the tank get to cold, it should be fine.

I would get rid of the pleco - pref rehoming??

It seems the Pleco is here to stay - we have endless fun with him (her?) playing hide and seek. She is so well camouflaged on the wood...

I do have lots of hiding places. dense plants in two corners, rocks, live plants. I just made more yesterday, too.

Does any one have any suggestions for a larger (larger than a neon - 2" abouts?) fish, that is colorful, that would work in my peaceful community (20g in signature)? I think I'm going to try another DG but I might go for a honey gourami...

I'll also get some frozen bloodworms or something to feed him and pay a bunch of attention - at least to begin with.

Also, in response to the question, my tank temperature is fairly constant. The heater is set at 78, but it does decrease a little at night (1-2 degrees?) due to temperature decrease in the house.

It seems the Pleco is here to stay - we have endless fun with him (her?) playing hide and seek. She is so well camouflaged on the wood...

I do have lots of hiding places. dense plants in two corners, rocks, live plants. I just made more yesterday, too.

Does any one have any suggestions for a larger (larger than a neon - 2" abouts?) fish, that is colorful, that would work in my peaceful community (20g in signature)? I think I'm going to try another DG but I might go for a honey gourami...

I'll also get some frozen bloodworms or something to feed him and pay a bunch of attention - at least to begin with.

Also, in response to the question, my tank temperature is fairly constant. The heater is set at 78, but it does decrease a little at night (1-2 degrees?) due to temperature decrease in the house.

I would get an albino DG - never had any problems with the females! The black ones i have had trouble with and 1 honey gourami died on me aswell. Pay attention constantly, not just to begin with, Get in there and feed them bloodoworm once a week, even treat them and feed them afew flaked by hand, this will build up a bond. I did and now every time i go near the tank they come up to the glass and stare and go to the top of the tank - its amazing to watch!

In my non-wisdom, I got a pearl gourami (for my christmas present).

He is great! The tank is just a bit over-stocked (once everyone is big). So, unfortunately, I'll just have to get a bigger tank once everyone gets big! ;)

The PG is GREAT! He's active, he eats, he plays in the bubbles, and he hasn't eaten anyone! I also like the way he is a different colour than everyone else, and just plain beautiful! I'll post a picture when I can!

I also got a bit of frozen fish food (spirulina and brine shrimp) and I've been giving them half a cube daily.

No - pearl gourami - not dwarf...

Here's a photo:
img_1061002_0_a7c9b0d1c88513b84eb52a2b371d6a1f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom