sticking frag disc to rock? what to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beefandpork

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I got some florida Rics I am not sure what to use, Can I use Home depot marine glue to stick the disc to the rock. I was using 2 little fishy glue to stick the frag to rock rumbles but just not sure what to use on disc.

thanks..

Super Glue gel is the best IMO.

LOL

Best place I've found to get it is the dollar store or Big Lots.

thank you Jimbo7

that was very kind of you

Haha, its my new favorite site. Hope you didn't take it too seriously. But almost any super glue will work, the gel kind is much easier to set and wont absorb into porus rock or frag plugs. I've used the Loctite stuff for a long time.
HTH

Mushrooms are hard to attach with glue, but super glue gel is best. What i do is put some rubble rock in a small tupperware and put the frag on top of the rock, I then use bridle vail to cover the openning so that fish and crabs don't get in to mess with the frag and the frag don't float away. In a week or so the roo will attach to the rubble and you can put that anywhere you want.

I found out through experience that epoxy can be a bit messy.. and honestly.. it never really held my corals to place.. Don't know why.. maybe the stuff i got was just garbage. However. i recently tried the super glue gel and it works fantastic. Put on a nice glob of it(not a little drop) and just smoosh it on to the location of your choice. Hold it there for a few seconds and once you let go, that frag aint going no where. Excellent stuff right there.

Zer0 said:
I found out through experience that epoxy can be a bit messy.. and honestly.. it never really held my corals to place.. Don't know why.. maybe the stuff i got was just garbage. However. i recently tried the super glue gel and it works fantastic. Put on a nice glob of it(not a little drop) and just smoosh it on to the location of your choice. Hold it there for a few seconds and once you let go, that frag aint going no where. Excellent stuff right there.

Can I use Aquastix or super glue gel to attach a frag of LR to a larger rock? LFS said I would need superglue and would have to remove the LR from the tank first to dry the spot before I apply glue. I'm looking for something that will allow me to work entirely underwater.

Either would work okay. Most people use super glue gel.

Back
Top Bottom