Still no Nitrites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I'm 4.5 weeks into a fish-in cycle of my first tank. I'm still getting 0 Nitrites and 0 Nitrates. Ammonia before my pwc today was .25

I have a tall 37G with 2 small fancy goldies. Just switched to a Fluval U4 filter from a DIY filter (I put the old filter media into the new filter).

I have read a bunch of the articles and threads about cycling and I know cycling takes a long time but is it normal that I have 0 Nitrites after 4.5 weeks? :confused:

Thanks for any advice!

Shanny

Hi Shanny! Dont worry- your tank will cycle! Fish-in cycling can take 6-8wks (or longer). Keep up the good work in the meantime to keep your guys healthy & happy! :)

jlk said:
Hi Shanny! Dont worry- your tank will cycle! Fish-in cycling can take 6-8wks (or longer). Keep up the good work in the meantime to keep your guys healthy & happy! :)

Hi Jess! I found a local with a healthy, cycled tank who is willing to give me a handful of her biomodules. Yay!

Thats great! Hopefully, it will swing your tank into gear! Make sure you keep them in a bag/container of tank water when you transport them. :)

jlk said:
Thats great! Hopefully, it will swing your tank into gear! Make sure you keep them in a bag/container of tank water when you transport them. :)

I told her that they needed to stay wet in tank water so hopefully she will!

Back
Top Bottom