stingray substitute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have mine in a 75gal and hes happy as can be next time going with a 120gal for him...i forgot to mention srarted hin in a 29gal for about half a year hes 10 inches now but getting fat

Really could I keep a Tire Track Eel in my 150 gallon long tank? Once its done cycling then I'm going to add more driftwood, plants, and fish of course. Its 18 inches wide, 6 feet long and about 23 inches high.

ForumRunner_20120711_131458.jpg

ForumRunner_20120711_131520.jpg

if you are looking for a good fish to hand feed a clown loach is definietley the way to go...just make sure you keep 4-6 of them as they love to play around with each other...they are great fish and very lively but also grow large.

They definitely fit the bill for hand fed fish though!

Well I just read the TTE can get up to 36" in the wild but usually dont exceed 20". The clown loaches can get 12" in the wild but usually get 6-10" but getting 4 CLs would end up being more inches of fish than a TTE.(correct me if I'm wrong)

Honestly you can teach any fish to hand feed if there hungry enough. Dont feed them a day or two and start from there...

I don't want a TTE just to hand feed it, I just want one because they look cool! I'm fine getting a Peacock Eel if a TTE is to big for my tank.

tire track eels like to be alone they say but peacock eels like to be in schools so depending on your setup you can any of the 2....im also fond of the serpente style fish myself just remember shrimp snails worms and small fish will become a meal for these guys....

I'm getting a Peacock Eel because my lfs doesn't sell Tire Tracks...

Would clown loaches outgrow the 55? I really can't upgrade so the 55 will be its home forever.

It's ok. I wanted to get some but they're really active and would have bothered the discus I planned on getting. I'm going with angels now.

I've seen adult clown loaches that are bigger than 12", and I don't think it's that unusual for them to get this big, so I think 6-8" is a big underestimation. This fish is not just long but it is also tall and bulky, so there's a lot more bioload there than in something like a skinny eel. Just something to think about.

Yeah and they have to be kept in groups. I don't think my 150 is big enough for Clown Loaches.

Would clown loaches outgrow the 55? I really can't upgrade so the 55 will be its home forever.

I should really learn to read, not skim sorry I didn't realize it was only a 55gal. The loaches would def outgrow that size tank.

Why not get a Pink Kissing Gourami? they are cool and get huge not not hug enough to outgrow a 55gal.

Back
Top Bottom