Stock Dilema

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need to merge the stock of two tanks, 55 and a 30.
This is what is in each:
55: 2 angels, 7 black skirt tetras, 4 penguin tetras, 2 ottos, 1 albino bn, 1 common pleco, and 3 mystery snails.
30: 2 angels, 9 lemon tetras, 2 gbr's, 1 hillstream loach, and 2 mystery snails.
The 30 is the tank that needs to come down, so here's what I'm thinking of keeping in the 55: 2 angels, 7 black skirts, 9 lemons, 2 gbr's, albino bn, hillstream loach, 2 ottos (maybe add a couple?), and all the snails.
I'm filtering the 55 with an xp2.
The 30 was set up in the nursery of my soon-to-be-here son's room, but after setting up all the furniture this evening it's obvious there's just not enough room :( On the bright side, I'll be breaking out the 10 I had to tear down to set up the 30. So mts will prevail one way or another!

Your stocking plan looks fine. I have to ask though, why get rid of a tank for furniture? Furniture is overrated. :)

30 gallons don't take up that much more room than a 10 gallon... just move it to another room... on another note... can I have the 30g? I'll pay shipping :)

Nik

Do you think I should put a powerhead somewhere in the 55 to give some current for the loach? I have an adjustable flow one laying around, so it wouldn't need to be a lot. Given the stock list I've decided on, would it bother any one else in the tank?

30 gallons don't take up that much more room than a 10 gallon

Unless you only have room for a 10... Thought about moving it to another room, but I really want a tank in my son's room and my wife and I have agreed on a two tank limit until we buy a bigger place. Ah, compromise :)

Back
Top Bottom