Stock for a 45 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kade

Aquarium Advice Regular
What common saltwater fish would I be able to keep in a 45 gallon tank. Also how Much live rock will I need it 155 litre or 45 gallon
Thanks in advance

You should have a pound of rock per gallon but can get away with half of it also clowns angels damsels ( aggressive) tho

Are you gonna get corals anytime in the future? That will help determine the fish you can get. :)

I would like to get corals. But to start with only a fowlr

If you are intending on going with corals sometime in the future the best bet for now is to buy reef safe fish. If you have a covered tank you can get wrasses, some are reef safe. Most angels are with caution though.

here's a site that has like every fish you can think of and the tank size requirements, reef compatibility and dietary needs.

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums

It's my go to site for ideas :-D

Cheers I have setup the tank, it is cycling with out live rock at the moment so that is exciting and I plan on getting my live rock in a week or two. Is pool filter sand alright for substrate.

Does it get seeded by the liverock?

Yep. The same as if you buy base rock instead of live rock. The bacteria will move into the new stuff. :)

It'll be "live" in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom