Stock in 29 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanatic88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys/gals i was wondering if yall could help me out. I have a 29 gallon and up until recently my stock was fine, but my brother wanted to change his stock so being the generous guy that i am, i took on some new fish. Now i am not so sure whether or not i am overstocked.
Here is my stock list:

2 angels, alittle over 1 inch will rehome to either a 75 or a 55 not sure which one, they are also a pair.... i think
3 polka dot loaches, roughly 1.5 inches
1 powder blue gourami
2 CAE, looking back should have waited for petsmart to get a new shipment of otos.
2 long fin red minor tetras
5 black skirt tetras
5 lamp eye tetras
10 zebra danios

My dad has a 75 that i can rehome the angels to, but he also has an angel pair in there to so idk how that would work, but i am gonna try and upgrade to a 55 in a few months.

Please let me know what you think, am i overstocked, at the limit, or is there anything you think i should add?

I also have a top fin 60 so i have ample filtration, but yes i know i definately should have gone with a penguin for the bio wheel.

FishFanatic88 said:
Hi guys/gals i was wondering if yall could help me out. I have a 29 gallon and up until recently my stock was fine, but my brother wanted to change his stock so being the generous guy that i am, i took on some new fish. Now i am not so sure whether or not i am overstocked.
Here is my stock list:

2 angels, alittle over 1 inch will rehome to either a 75 or a 55 not sure which one, they are also a pair.... i think
3 polka dot loaches, roughly 1.5 inches
1 powder blue gourami
2 CAE, looking back should have waited for petsmart to get a new shipment of otos.
2 long fin red minor tetras
5 black skirt tetras
5 lamp eye tetras
10 zebra danios

My dad has a 75 that i can rehome the angels to, but he also has an angel pair in there to so idk how that would work, but i am gonna try and upgrade to a 55 in a few months.

Please let me know what you think, am i overstocked, at the limit, or is there anything you think i should add?

I also have a top fin 60 so i have ample filtration, but yes i know i definately should have gone with a penguin for the bio wheel.

In a way I think it's overstocked. If you were to move the angels,CAE, polka dot loaches. Then I think you'll be alright. Then you could add to the tetra schools and then maybe moved the danios that will open up more opportunities for that tank. Then you could add a school of cory for the bottom and then you might be able to add rams.

The angels will be moved either way, and the CAEs will have to go in with my oscar when they get big enough. The polka dots however i cant let go of because they are my little babies Lol. i have plenty of hiding places also. They are the reason i am trying to upgrade to a 55. But right now they are all juvies so they appear to be fine.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom