Stock list for 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Yeah you could replace a big with 2 littles IMO;) sounds like were speaking a different language hahah. I'd do...

2 big (butterfly)
(tang/fox)

6 small (2 clowns)
(2 anthias)
(1 mandarin)
(1 flame angel)

I've already got the damsel in there and I'd have to take all the rocks out to get him! And I really want a goby that will sift through the sand to keep it clean! That's like a pet peeve of mine is dirty sand! Now that I'm looking at all the butterflies there's so many pretty ones out there!! Guess I'll have to buy another tank ;)

Technically they dont, but mine digs soo much the sand is always clean and stirred up. Its cool watchin the sand go out his gills

Yeah, would that get along with a diamond goby? I don't think it would..

So how does this list sound?
A type of butterflyfish or a foxface
An engineer goby
3 blue/green chromis (parents talked me into them)
2 clowns
Blue velvet damsel
Green mandarin
Flame angel and maybe a diamond goby? If it'll get along with the engineer

I would ditch the damsel. Other than that it looks ok. Also wait on the mandarin until the tank is more established. But, I am guessing you knew that already.

armyman16 said:
So how does this list sound?
A type of butterflyfish or a foxface
An engineer goby
3 blue/green chromis (parents talked me into them)
2 clowns
Blue velvet damsel
Green mandarin
Flame angel and maybe a diamond goby? If it'll get along with the engineer

I like it! Ditch the damsel like spoonman said and up the chromis to 6 and you have a winner!!! :)

Oh btw, i looked right over the butterfly and saw foxface, so thats what you better get. Lol :D

I already have the mandarin, I've had him for almost a month now, because I had so many copepods running over the place and he eats frozen brine anyways do he's been doing great! Getting fatter, and brighter than when he was at the lfs
The blue velvet damsel is my baby! He's really nice, the damsel and the mandarin hang out sometimes.
Haha Nu-Nu it depends on how much a foxface will cost me when it comes time to buy one ;)
So the engineer won't bother the other goby or anything else?

Haha alright... Then i would definitly up that school of chromis and maybe cut something else out, i dont know what because you have some of those fish already. Haha and the foxface may be a bit more expensive then a cheap butterfly, but it is a dang strong fish and you could go through 2-3 butterfly fish but still keep a foxface alive :D your call.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha alright... Then i would definitly up that school of chromis and maybe cut something else out, i dont know what because you have some of those fish already. Haha and the foxface may be a bit more expensive then a cheap butterfly, but it is a dang strong fish and you could go through 2-3 butterfly fish but still keep a foxface alive :D your call.

Well I have good news for Nu-Nu! After all the pressure and a good deal at my lfs I finally bought a one spot foxface rabbitfish!
It was 29.99 and is only 2-3 inches!
I'm pretty sure he is a onespot! He has a spot on both sides but he isn't all yellow like the one on liveaquaria?
He has kind of a black on top with white on the bottom half of his body but all his fins are yellow
I will post a pic when I can

Nice man!! Haha sounds kinda like a magnificant fox maybe? I dunno. Pics!!!

Yeah I just looked up a magnificent and when I look at him now in the bag, it may be but when I was in the store he looked like a one spot but without all the yellow, maybe juveniles are a different color?
I would post a pic of hi in the bag but the app won't let me, I'll try restarting my phone

Well sending a pic now is probably now worth it because hen they are stressed, sleeping, or scared they turn black or brown an their colors are totally differant :) when he is no longer in the tank and swimming around with normal color, he will be very easy to ID!

Yeah he is really black right now, it wasn't half black when I bought it but when I checked on the way home it was and when I got home it was all black! Haha looks really bad but my dad said the whole body was yellow except for one spot on it

My fox is a boss. He will eat anything i put in the tank, i bet you if i dropped an oreo in the water he would eat it. Lol

Seriously though, he LOVES algea sheets so definitly get those and feed him a little square maybe 2" by 3" or so every other day or so. He will eat nls pellets, brine, mysis, aglae sheets, bloodworms, an thats all i have tried. Haha good luck! :D

Back
Top Bottom