Stock my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am moving my 4 angels over to a 95 gallon this weekend or next! What else should I add to the tank as a complement?

Definitely want a school of tetras. Kerri tetras are my absolute favorite. If you look at the next to the last page (as of right now) of the build thread in my signature, you'll see a picture of them. I would also add a school of cories. I have some brochis cories, but I also like pandas and sterbais. Is this a 4' tank? What's the width and height?

mfdrookie516 said:
Definitely want a school of tetras. Kerri tetras are my absolute favorite. If you look at the next to the last page (as of right now) of the build thread in my signature, you'll see a picture of them. I would also add a school of cories. I have some brochis cories, but I also like pandas and sterbais. Is this a 4' tank? What's the width and height?

I love cories! Panda cories are cute but I absolutly love emerald cories. Maybe some rainbow sharks they're nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

It's a standard size that I picked up on CL. 4' long, maybe 2' deep? It's a bit taller than standard though. I checked out those kerries, and they are really pretty! Are they nippy? Larger than neons? Keep in mind I have angels that are already a bit larger than a half dollar, and used to being with only cories.

I do want some cories. I have some green cories in my 40g, but they are sooo shy. Unless they aren't aware you are there they are in hiding. There are some albinos at work that aren't shy in the least, but they aren't very interesting either. Which variety do you think would be best for staying busy whether you are watching are not, AND be interesting?

I love cories! Panda cories are cute but I absolutly love emerald cories. Maybe some rainbow sharks they're nice too.

Are the rainbow sharks aggressive like red tails? I like the look of both! Or maybe they are the same?

I believe that juliie Cory and skunk cories are more active. Some are nocturnal so you don't see much action during the day.

Engel said:
Are the rainbow sharks aggressive like red tails? I like the look of both! Or maybe they are the same?

No rainbows aren't aggressive at all but you should have them in group. They also like to have their own territory so give them lots of hiding places. They will chase fish like any other but they don't cause damage it's mostly playing. But I must say I never had any issues with my RTS. I have one now that's a baby and I had an adult that passed. Both were peaceful.

Skunks are cute! :) I'm also thinking about a long fin albino bristlenose. So weird!

No rainbows aren't aggressive at all but you should have them in group. They also like to have their own territory so give them lots of hiding places.

Best number for the group?

+1 on the rainbow shark! They're very peaceful if you give them hiding spots, but I'd only get one, as they'll all need they're own territory, and your tank might not be able to support that many.

Cool, thanks for the info. I really like them, but was ruling them out completely, because I was misinformed about their nature!

Engel said:
Cool, thanks for the info. I really like them, but was ruling them out completely, because I was misinformed about their nature!

People mistake the red tailed shark for the rainbow shark and they have two different personalities one can be in a community and the other usually is said not to. Kissing gourami's are pretty too

Rainbows can be aggressive and peaceful at times. They will stay to them-self (As in being peaceful) If you give the appropriate size tank (At least a 55 gallon, 75 gallon preferably; In your case, you shouldnt worry about it), Enough hiding spots/ territory (Plants, caves, decor), and the right tank-mates -> Nothing too aggressive (Im sure the shark could fend for its own though) or able to eat them.

I would also recommend getting a small bottom feeder such as Cories (Panda, Bronze, peppered, albino) or a Bubblebee catfish.

Once algae starts configuring in your tank (and you can start supplying algae; Wafers should do fine), you could consider adding a bristle nose pleco or two

How about a pearl gouarmi? They are great 'bigger' peaceful fish.

Do you have a breeding plan for when these angels pair up?

Do you have a breeding plan for when these angels pair up?

I was going to move my guppies to the 40, and keep the 10 for a QT, but I think I may go back to my original plan of keeping the 40g for aggressive pairs. I wouldn't be disappointed if they never did pair though... I don't have plans for babies!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom