Stocked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KryptiCouple

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alrighty, we got our fish tonight! Everyone has been acclimated to the 55 and moved in. Keith is in his glory, and I will have pictures tomorrow. I got some on my phone, but it just doesn't do them justice. Here is the stock list. Most all are too small to vent, but the person tried to determine what he could by color, and the rest we will weed/swap as we go... None are bigger than 2" and since our goal is to upgrade to a larger tank when we move in about a year, we had no qualms about size in our current tank.

6 yellow labs
5 white top afra
5 demasoni
5 afra cobue
3 yellow tail acei

KryptiCouple said:
Alrighty, we got our fish tonight! Everyone has been acclimated to the 55 and moved in. Keith is in his glory, and I will have pictures tomorrow. I got some on my phone, but it just doesn't do them justice. Here is the stock list. Most all are too small to vent, but the person tried to determine what he could by color, and the rest we will weed/swap as we go... None are bigger than 2" and since our goal is to upgrade to a larger tank when we move in about a year, we had no qualms about size in our current tank.

6 yellow labs
5 white top afra
5 demasoni
5 afra cobue
3 yellow tail acei

Keep a really close eye on the Demasoni they are known to be highly aggressive. I personally would take them back if it was me.

The man we got them from (found a local cichlid enthusiast) houses them all together in his tanks without problem. He has two large tanks for his adults, and then multiple grower tanks. We will keep an eye on them, though, thanks for the word of caution. They are the smallest ones in our tank, just about 1" long, if that.

Will be getting pics tonight after the sun goes down. Can't seem to get decent shots with our entire living room lit up.

KryptiCouple said:
The man we got them from (found a local cichlid enthusiast) houses them all together in his tanks without problem. He has two large tanks for his adults, and then multiple grower tanks. We will keep an eye on them, though, thanks for the word of caution. They are the smallest ones in our tank, just about 1" long, if that.

Will be getting pics tonight after the sun goes down. Can't seem to get decent shots with our entire living room lit up.

No problem :) can't wait for picks
Is the husband happy now that he got what he wanted?

He is quite happy, and the fact that we were able to find them locally and not have to ship them was really nice. Our other lab is much more social, now, too. We see her out a lot more, and she is interested in eating again. She got kind of depressed when she was in the 55 by herself. It is pretty cool watching them. Everyone intermingles, but the Yellow tails school together and swim back and forth as a trio.

Here's pics!
66238-albums10208-picture42578.jpg

66238-albums10208-picture42577.jpg

66238-albums10208-picture42576.jpg

66238-albums10208-picture42575.jpg

66238-albums10208-picture42574.jpg

In my experience when young they will follow each other around. As they grow it will be chasing, fighting, breeding and maybe a little bit of being calm and swimming together. You have yourself a great looking tank :)

Thank you. We will definitely keep an eye on them and plan on venting when they get old enough so we can adjust our stock as needed. It'll be fun watching them grow into their colors.

First off, I agree with Andrew on the demasoni. Keep an eye out as they mature.

Secondly, your tank is very nice! Love the sand and rock. I need to switch mine out to sand. Hope you are all happy with it being unexpected costs for a single fish but you won't regret it. I totally would've done the same thing lol. Congrats! :)

Just wanted to update since it's been almost 2 months. Tank is doing awesome. We haven't lost a single fish, and they are growing nicely. One of our white tops came into his color this week, and it's fun watching him change color as he swims around he rocks. The Demasoni have grown to about 2" and we still don't have a problem with them, so crossing fingers everything stays good.

Ok, here are some updated pics of these guys

Here is our most dominant white top. He's colored up the most, and will go a very pretty white, but I couldn't catch him like that
66238-albums10208-picture45362.jpg

Our 3 yellow tails still stick together
66238-albums10208-picture45361.jpg

One of the Demasoni who hasn't really grown too much, but was enjoying posing for the camera
66238-albums10208-picture45358.jpg

66238-albums10208-picture45357.jpg

"Mama Lab" who started it all. This pic doesn't do her justice, she is a very nice size now
66238-albums10208-picture45356.jpg

The rearranged tank
66238-albums10208-picture45355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom