Stocking 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
The dimensions are 6'x18"x28"h

I cant figure out a stock because i like to many different fish lol. I will list all the new worlds i like and if you could help come up with a stock with the fish i list that would be awesome lol.

Oscar
Festae
Jaguar
Jewel
Convicts
Cutteri
Red devil
Salvini
Jack dempsey
Keyhole
Super red severum (kinda like em)
Cryptoheros sajica
Hogaboomorum (think i spelled it wrong)
Umbee

Is there any type of arowana that would stay small enough to go in? Or if i get one small is there one that grows really slow that i could keep long enough before i get my next tank?

Never mind i just read about arowanas so they are out. Also i am getting the tank within the next 5 days so i am going to cycle it for about a week and a half with a completely already seeded filter from one of my 55g. It comes with a diy light fixture with 4-6 lights soi have some questions about that but i will ask them when i get pictures up. How long wood a rtc live in there. I have a pond i could put it in when it gets to big. What filtration should i get? Im thinking two fluval 406. Or one 406 and an aqueon 90

Well that's a big tank and those are some aggressive fish! Keyholes have no chance and I'd say same for any severum. Oscars are more beefy than aggressive and eventually would probably be picked off once others get to size. Umbees are just huge and bad , may end up being lone fish in that tank even one that size. Jaguars, devils, and festae, and salvini would be nice but you never know what your getting with any of them! I've seen bad ones and good ones of each! It'll be fun though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok how about this

X1 jag
X1 JD
X2 salvini
X4 convicts
X4 jewel

That a good start but I'd not do two salvini if two males one will be dead and if a male and a female and they get to mating they can be insanely aggressive and kill things twice their size. Again I've heard of people with wimpy salvini so it's a coin toss. What I would do ( and I'm no expert!) but I've had all the fish you list here at some point in my life, is keep the groups of smaller ones like you have and just do one of the bigger aggressive guys. Maybe add a festae and a green terror or a buttikoferi, oscar, etc. Thera a bunch of nice big viejas or synspillums too that are cool. So many options with a big tank but just stay away from umbee and dovii they're too mean.

So do you mean like 1 salvini or more than 2 salvinis. My main "show" fish will either be a female jag or female festae

So do you mean like 1 salvini or more than 2 salvinis. My main "show" fish will either be a female jag or female festae

One. My opinion is of you get a mating pair of any of those bigger species they may not let the others live but maybe someone that has more experience with that will chime in. I've always just had one of these, one of those, one of these .... With central or South Americans. Never tried to keep more than one of any type except oscars.

Ok. Thank you. Im thinking my show fish will be a jag because i cant find festae anywhere. Do you have a place you reccomend getting a festae online? So i will do

X1 jag or festae
X1 salvini
X4 convicts
X4 jewels
Then like 6 silver dollars

Ok. Thank you. Im thinking my show fish will be a jag because i cant find festae anywhere. Do you have a place you reccomend getting a festae online? So i will do

X1 jag or festae
X1 salvini
X4 convicts
X4 jewels
Then like 6 silver dollars

I'd skip silver dollars and do like a Dempsey and a green terror. I've never ordered festae online but you should have no problem getting one. Shipping will be a lot. Your better off finding a local store to order it for you. Most will

Srry i forgot about the JD i already have that will be in there. I think i will have my lfs order one like you said. Drop the silver dollars. Thank you so much for the help lol.
X1 festae
X1 jd
X1 salvini
X4 convicts
X4 jewels

Would that be overstocked,under,or perfect

Sorry for all the questions im only 15 but know a bit about keeping fish but not a tank this size haha

I think that would be good. Def add a pleco and and maybe a couple pictus catfish for the cleanup duty. You maybe could add a not huge cichlid like a green terror. On the convicts try and get a couple pink convicts. They're nice. The convict and jewels will be very small compared to the others but I have to say they are the 2 toughest pound for pound I've had. One time I had a jewel kill a red devil a Dempsey and a green terror all waaaay bigger than him. He was alone in a 90 gallon for a while! 3 inch fish in a 90 gallon!

I think that would be good. Def add a pleco and and maybe a couple pictus catfish for the cleanup duty. You maybe could add a not huge cichlid like a green terror. On the convicts try and get a couple pink convicts. They're nice. The convict and jewels will be very small compared to the others but I have to say they are the 2 toughest pound for pound I've had. One time I had a jewel kill a red devil a Dempsey and a green terror all waaaay bigger than him. He was alone in a 90 gallon for a while! 3 inch fish in a 90 gallon!

Haha. I was going to breed festae or somethin in this tank but my mom said that if im getting this big of a tank i will not have two fish there will be more haha.

Ha! So if you were planning on breeding you will have plenty of convict fry for sure! Problem is nobody wants em because anyone who has them has fry! They're easy to breed

Back
Top Bottom