stocking 15g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey I have a cycled 15g column aquarium.

I currently have:

6- Neon Tetras
1- Red Wag Platy
1- Sunburst Platy
1- Red Mickey Mouse Platy

I was wondering if that was pretty well stocked and if its okay if I could add a male betta and a an african dwarf frog to eat algae?

thanks for any advice

Frog probably wouldn't work to be honest, but someone with more knowledge with them may answer that better. The make beta will attack the platys due to similar bright coloring, generally they do best by themselves or with bottom feeders like Cory's that are bland in color, but still iffy.

Sounds like a good stock to me, a few oto's would work as algae eaters but in a column style tank that may be pushing the bioload.
Gl

You have room for maybe a few more fish, like 1 or 2 more neon tetras, but that's about it.

ADFs need/like shallower tanks to get to the surface easier (that's what I've been told), and bettas generally don't do well in community tanks.

Some shrimp could work but yes the frog and betta would not make good additions.

Some shrimp could work but yes the frog and betta would not make good additions.

I have a adf in my 30 gallon which is 18" high an he loves it he also loves my platys I have 5 in with him also 4 female betas I didn't know he ate Alger tho that a first n I sis research on him mine loves bloodworms and will eat right out of my hand

hey I have a cycled 15g column aquarium.

I currently have:

6- Neon Tetras
1- Red Wag Platy
1- Sunburst Platy
1- Red Mickey Mouse Platy

I was wondering if that was pretty well stocked and if its okay if I could add a male betta and a an african dwarf frog to eat algae?

thanks for any advice

Also your platys will do a good job eating the algae

Back
Top Bottom