Stocking 20g Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rangerbob86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g fully cycled tank. It currently has the 5 skirt tetras, 8 neon tetras, and dwarf gourami. I'd like to get some feedback on what everybody thinks on getting the other fish shown in my aqadvisor image. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Aqu_Stock_Image.png

I would get the corys only I'd get no less than 6. The Ram may be in a no mans land alone. If you didn't have the dwarf gourami I'd say get a pearl or a lavender gourami for the center piece. A pair of albino or 1-normal1-albino kribs would be nice. The other route you could go is with a school of 8-10 cherry barbs half albinos half not.

Sounds well stocked to me. Maybe an algae eater of some kind but that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd leave out the ram and gourami. The dwarf gourami would be pretty hostile in a crammed space. Add a few more of each tetra and six corys and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I'm now thinking about not getting the GBR, but still going with the panda corys. Do you still think this would be considered overstocked?

Aqu_Stock_Image.png

So I'm now thinking about not getting the GBR, but still going with the panda corys. Do you still think this would be considered overstocked?

Aqu_Stock_Image.png

I'd say that's a good group. You could probably add a few more cory cats. It's just a guideline and you aren't going to have issues by going a little over the 100% mark.

The dwarf gourami is going to depend entirely on it's individual personality. The majority of them are just fine around most fish while some are aggressive jerks. Just keep an eye on the situation.

Back
Top Bottom