Stocking 20G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 20G that my brother gave me. I moved some of his fish around in my tanks and what not. Right now I have 2 giant danios with 3 red wag Platy. 1 of the 3 platys are adults 2 are fry. What else can I add?? I'm leaning it to be a planted tank. Also has ivory snail in it with moneywort. For lighting I have T8 lighting.

Fishie said:
I have a 20G that my brother gave me. I moved some of his fish around in my tanks and what not. Right now I have 2 giant danios with 3 red wag Platy. 1 of the 3 platys are adults 2 are fry. What else can I add?? I'm leaning it to be a planted tank. Also has ivory snail in it with moneywort. For lighting I have T8 lighting.

- a school of small tetras or harlequin rasboras
- a school of cories
- a centerpeice fish like one gbr or one male dwarf gourami

Coursair said:
I would rehome the Giant Danios. They should be in a larger group and may be aggressive in such a small space. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Devario&species=aequipinnatus&id=212

Then you'll have more leeway to add peaceful fish.

Ok well I can probably rehome them. My brother had one of them for 6 years and we didn't know better. I thought they only needed 10G tank and didn't grow that big! The oldest one is pretty big 4 inches. German blue rams would looks nice so do gouramis and school of rasboras.

Fishie said:
Ok well I can probably rehome them. My brother had one of them for 6 years and we didn't know better. I thought they only needed 10G tank and didn't grow that big! The oldest one is pretty big 4 inches. German blue rams would looks nice so do gouramis and school of rasboras.

G Danios are very hardy fish :) but will appreciate more room and friends.

Back
Top Bottom