Stocking 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never stated keeping dovii or umbee in community set up. Keeping multiple aggressive cihclid in a 96" tank certainly makes that task easier so I would have no issues trying to keep 2 pairs such as RTM's or lyonsi, that tank is going to be EXTREMELY boring keeping a pair of fish with some dithers. I would look into the recommdations I added in your other thread or start looking at the Paratheraps genus such as synspilum. I'd even go so far to add some of the smaller centrals as dithers such as fish in the crypotheros genus like panamensis or Amatitlania nigrofasciata.

This is not a bad choice so I would not be so rude to make some of the comments that were posted, Osphronemus goramy is a tank busting fish that will put a hurt on even some of the larger and more aggressive centrals.

So my advice is to research prior to dismissing someones opinion.

Ya my bad on when i said your suggestions. I just meant a couple of the fish i named i chose from your suggestions shoulda clarified. Also, from what ive read the giant gorami doesnt do well with agressive fish of similiar or larger size? also wrong part of the world for me since im trying to keep this as close to SA only tank as possible

also hukit, what do you think about the dither fish situation, and whats your opinion on the couple of mock up lists i made like
festae
carpinti
dither fish
some type of medium sized cichlid for a pair

also hukit, what do you think about the dither fish situation, and whats your opinion on the couple of mock up lists i made like
festae
carpinti
dither fish
some type of medium sized cichlid for a pair

I don't like to keep fish that are common so my tanks lean towards this direction, I would look into Astatheros such as robertsoni would fit the plan well or since your looking at carpintis I'd look at bocourti too.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 180
  • bocourti3.jpg
    bocourti3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 221
Are you ordering fish? Or just getting what is available locally?

I'd prefer to find something locally but I do order fish too.

Ok so do you think for dither fish I could do a large school of like cardinal tetras along with the silver dollars and maybe something else?

I would think that the cardinals would be lunch eventually. I've seen pretty large boesemani rainbow fish that could work.

I was thinking I would do a school of 50 and not stress if one or two falls to predation but figured they would be so small and fast that the big cichlids might not even waste their time on em lol.

Nandopsis haitiensis, nandopsis grammodes, parachromis dovii. What about a buttikoferi tilapia, although I'm not sure where this one originates from. Just some more for you to check out

I would go with big SD for dithers,or tinfoils.maybe remove the RT,rescape,then add,2 or 3 bigger cichlids.texas could work,or boucorti.another SA option would be parrot fish,(true parrot) but they would need to be bigger than RT.maybe 3 big ones? They do better in groups

Back
Top Bottom