Stocking 30 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psyhampster

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ayways, I'm getting a 30 gal and a few pieces of equipment free on tuesday, and am trying to figure out what to put into it.
My idea so far:
5-6 Marble Hatchets
3 Yo-Yo Loaches
2 Sparkling, Dwarf, or Opaline Gourami

Is this overstocked? Any suggestions?

HI pyshampster! I currently have a 30 gal ex. high (see signature for stock). Just don't make the same mistake I did...rushing in new fish. I had one that was infected with ich and didnt see it until i put in some new ones. I guess so long as the sizes and types are compatible with your tank u shouldn't have any probs (try using the calculator). Good luck.

Are you going to cycle the tank first or not?

The Giramias will get to big and be aggressiuve twoard each other.

HTH

Dan :)

Of course I'm gonna cycle it... I'll prolly use the danios from my 20 gal.

I'm planning on keeping just one typre of Gourami, probably just a pair.

I am not sure how big Yo-Yo Loaches get but I would say it is not overstocking.

I know psyhampster, marble hatchets are very pretty. BUT, they need lot's of swimming space+ they can jump out quickly. You could probably get 5-6 for you tank, but then no gouramies. These (hatchets and gouramies) fishies both live in the top of the tank, and this would get too crowded.
I don't know about the loaches either, they'll probably be fine in there.

HTH

Hmmmm... Ok, so take the number of hatchets back down. Would it still be possible to do 1 Sparkling Gourami? The loaches are bottom feeders and probably won't bother the hatchets. Any suggestions on somthing else I could add?

Back
Top Bottom