Stocking 55 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am a newbie at the saltwater hobby. I am trying to plan out my 55 gallon saltwater reef aquarium. I have a list of fish I would like. I know this list is way too big for this size aquarium. I am hoping you guys might be able to help me eliminate fish and finalize a stock list. Here it is:
I would like to add some snails, a marble starfish, a cleaner shrimp or two, and a scarlet reef hermit crab.
-Flame Angelfish
-Tailspot Blenny
-Banggai Cardinal (2 or 3)
-Ocellaris Clownfish (2)
-Blue Green Chromis (2 or 3)
-Green Mandarinfish (This would be added after a year or two when I have experience and have a LOT of copepods!)
-Orange Spot Diamond Goby
-Yellow Watchman Goby (Hopefully with a Tiger Pistol Shrimp)
-Flame Hawkfish
-McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
I know its a lot, please help the newbie out!
Thanks!

Are you ever planning on keeping corals? If so, skip the flame angel. They are hit or miss. I have a coral beauty in my tank that is fine, but went postal on my clams and went back to fine once the clams were gone.
I would also skip the mandarin. I kept one for some time in my 55. Spent a ton on pods monthly, and that was with him eating mysis.
Personally, though many will disagree with me, I also don't like chromis. They seem to murder each other off when you aren't paying attention until there is only one.
The rest of things sound just fine. Keep researching into what you like. Everything is a balancing act in terms of what you want and like. Similar to keeping a marine betta in mine...just can't have any crabs or shrimp in there with him.

Back
Top Bottom