Stocking a 10gal, ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Majik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to decide what I want to get while my tank is cycling. This is my first "real" tank so I went to the LFS the other day and liked the neon tetras. I was thinking about 5-7 of those, and maybe a cory or 2. However my GF thinks that might be boring. Is there another fish that I could add just 1 of to change the look of the tank. I also have been searching around and foun olive nerite snails. These seem like they would be cool to add. How should they be considered when choosing fish as far as size and tank size are concerned. I could do these instead of the corys and add the recommendations you all make here. Thanks for the help.

I think 5-7 neons with 3 cories would be neat. Cories are always fun to watch rummage through the substrate. You could go with a honey dwarf sunset gourami as a centerpiece type fish. The larger gouramis can be aggressive, but the dwarves are very peaceful.

Get more than 3 Cories.....get atleast 6. Stick to Cories that stay 2" or less, like Panda, Metae, or C. trilineatus. Get 6 of the same type. If you can find Dwarf cories (C. hastatus, C. habrosus, or C. pygmaeus) get 8-10 of those. Cories are really fun to watch, but you should keep them in the proper numbers for them to be happy.

Back
Top Bottom