Stocking a 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay well now that I'm finally done, or about 99.8% done with my cycle, I will begin to stock my tank. At first I had a completely different plan but as I acquired a new unexpected tank that stocking is staying to that tank.

Now, I was interested in keeping Microgeophagus ramirezi (GBR), Apistogramma Cacatuoide (Cockatoo), Pelvicachromis pulcher, or Nannacara anomala (Golden Dwarf Cichlid) with a # of Harlequin Rasbora or Silver Tip Tetras, and 3 Panda Cory's.

I don't know if this stock is pushing it and I'm not completely sure on if the non-cichlid fish will work with the cichlids. Any advice?

So just a type of Cichlid and the Tetras/Harlequin Rasboras should be fine?
Yes. The Tetras/Harlequins also act as dither fish, meaning fish that will make you Kribs confortable...you probably know but...in the wild, when your Kribs don't see other fish swimming around, the get nervous since that is a sign of a predator hanging around...everyone hiding from it...with dither fish, since they are out and swimming around, they figure it is safe for them too to come out.

Yes yes I read about that! Seems since those fish school actively the Kribs would feel comfortable in the aquarium. Right now I have large driftwood and a flower pot semi buried in the sand, this is fine for Kribs?

Yes yes I read about that! Seems since those fish school actively the Kribs would feel comfortable in the aquarium. Right now I have large driftwood and a flower pot semi buried in the sand, this is fine for Kribs?
Perfect except in my case, my male, at the beginning, was chasing the female around so I need a few more hiding places for her to feel safe. No that do not roam together but are much nicer to each other...still waiting for my first batch of fry but they are still young. Each is about 3 inches with the male getting a red belly but my female is still immature I think.

Perfect except in my case, my male, at the beginning, was chasing the female around so I need a few more hiding places for her to feel safe. No that do not roam together but are much nicer to each other...still waiting for my first batch of fry but they are still young. Each is about 3 inches with the male getting a red belly but my female is still immature I think.

Sounds good, I'll try and get some more hiding spots, good luck on the fry!

Back
Top Bottom