Stocking a 23 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NotSoRich

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am planning to set up a 23 gallon tank

My stocking list includes

-6 Peppered Corydoras
-4 Amano shrimp
-10 red cherry shrimp
-2 Peacock gudgeons

I plan to run the tank with a Aquaclear 50 filter, heavily planted with long leaved plants, surface plants and plenty of moss for the shrimp. Aiming to use drift wood and dark substrate. -possibly- considering making it a blackwater tank as my local water has high PH of ~8 and I like the aesthetic. fishless cycle.

I'd also like some suggestions as to where to get some items for this tank; namely

-Cost effective dark substrate that's good for corydoras
-what's a good source of fish that's close to washington state? I don't want my fish to have to endure too long of a trip and the only LFS here is Petco and Walmart.

Suggestions? changes?

Sounds like you have a great start. I can't comment on where to buy fish, but if you're going to have a heavily planted tank with corydoras, I highly recommend buying 1 bag of fine grade eco complete from DrsFosterSmith.com. Great site, great substrate. It will give you the dark color you're looking for and be great for your plants and corys. I have that substrate for my plants and corys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom