Stocking a 29g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kvnr14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey I'm about to dirt my tank and put my plants in!

Just wondering if you guys think this stock would be okay?

6 danios
6 tetras
3-6 Cory catfish
1-2 dwarf gourami

Also was wondering if led would be ok for the light?

Just making a plan! Always important. Any help is always appreciated.

Oh and my filtration is looking like a cascade 150 with a DIY filter.

Well the tank use to be for some mbuna but they out grew it. I moved them to a 80 gallon bow front. The light is a marine land single bright led.

Also was wondering if 6 Cory cats would be okay and 2 gourami? Or do I need less Cory cats and only 1 gourami?

Hey I'm about to dirt my tank and put my plants in!

Just wondering if you guys think this stock would be okay?

6 danios
6 tetras
3-6 Cory catfish
1-2 dwarf gourami

Also was wondering if led would be ok for the light?

Just making a plan! Always important. Any help is always appreciated.

Oh and my filtration is looking like a cascade 150 with a DIY filter.

LEDs need to be pretty bright on a tall tank. You might have to drop a lot of money to get good LEDs. Hopefully others will chime in. I use LEDs on one of my 10g but PAR drops off sharply.

I would do 6 Cories and one DG as they are usually always males and may fight.

I'm not much of a Danio fan. Too busy for me ;)
I like a big group of Tetras. They show off better in larger groups. But that's me.

Rummy Nose or Bleeding Hearts are cool.
Everyone has Neons ;) ( incl me ).

What kind of tetras would you do? And how many. I'm open to everything but I just want a variety of color! And if you would get danios, what kind? More color the better!

Well the tank use to be for some mbuna but they out grew it. I moved them to a 80 gallon bow front. The light is a marine land single bright led.

Also was wondering if 6 Cory cats would be okay and 2 gourami? Or do I need less Cory cats and only 1 gourami?

I would get at lest 6 cory's. They do much better in a nice school. I have 6 Julii in my planted 29G.

LEDs need to be pretty bright on a tall tank. You might have to drop a lot of money to get good LEDs. Hopefully others will chime in. I use LEDs on one of my 10g but PAR drops off sharply.

I would do 6 Cories and one DG as they are usually always males and may fight.

I'm not much of a Danio fan. Too busy for me ;)
I like a big group of Tetras. They show off better in larger groups. But that's me.

Rummy Nose or Bleeding Hearts are cool.
Everyone has Neons ;) ( incl me ).

I have danios in my tank also and am NOT a fan either.

As far as Rummy Nose, those get up to 6" so not really recommended for a 29G. I really wanted a school of them also but just doesn't seem fair for a 29G.

Rummynose usually max out around the 2 inch size. I would definitely recommend a nice school of them, maybe like around 9 or so. Some other nice schoolers you can research are cardinal and lemon tetras, harlequin rasboras, and cherry, checker, and 5-banded barbs.

Rummynose usually max out around the 2 inch size. I would definitely recommend a nice school of them, maybe like around 9 or so. Some other nice schoolers you can research are cardinal and lemon tetras, harlequin rasboras, and cherry, checker, and 5-banded barbs.

My apologies. Somewhere I was misinformed! I would get a nice school of them then! I also plan to get a school now too! (Once I can figure out what to do with my 3 danios that are left..)

My apologies. Somewhere I was misinformed! I would get a nice school of them then! I also plan to get a school now too! (Once I can figure out what to do with my 3 danios that are left..)

What kind of danios are they?

Like someone else said, rummynose tetras are GREAT schoolers that aren't as common as they deserve to be. i recommend maybe 10 of them, and a 5-8 size group of some other tetra, along with the 6 cories and 1 dg. Maybe, instead of a dg, you could do some kind of ram. Rams are more sensetive to water params, but they look better, imo
good luck!(y):wave:;)

Back
Top Bottom