Stocking advice on 30Gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wldcat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Currently I have this in the tank: (transfers from a smaller tank)

1 neon tetra
1 zebra danio
3 male platys
2 red minor tetra
1 oto catfish
1 Sterbai Cory
1 Bronze Cory
1 Albino Cory

This is what I am looking to do as a final stock:

7 neon tetras
3 male platys
1 oto catfish
2 Sterbai Cory
2 Bronze Cory
2 Albino Cory
2 Panda Cory
1 Pearl Gourami

I have had mixed advice on the cory cats some have said they will all chill out together other said it would be best to have 4 of the same type. I would like to have the variety of the 4 different ones but want to make sure they will work together.

I would like to have one bigger fish in the tank, thats where the Gourami comes in. is this a good selection or is there a better fit for the tank?

I plan on moving out the zebra danio and the red minors once I find a new home for them. (mite be an excuse to buy another tank)

Any advice on this stocking would be appreciated.

My tank:
30gal

Penguin 200 filter
small pea gravel substrate
bubble wall (if that matters)
Some live plants in tank:
java fern
amazon sword
moss ball
Dwarf lilly
banana plant
and some stem plant i forgot the name of.

Attachments

• IMG_2853.JPG
    IMG_2853.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 45
Sterbai and panda cories definitely need their schools. Schooling fish have an organ called a lateral line, and without their school, they suffer physically.

The otos also school. They are sensitive, wild caught, and very picky eaters. I would wait until your tank builds up some biofilm before adding them, and then add a school.

The changes in behavior that you will see when you add to the numbers of schooling fish will amaze you.

Back
Top Bottom