Stocking Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettalover333

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank is 60 gallons. So far we were thinking about:
6 Cherry Barbs
1 Angelfish
1 Blue Gourami
6 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Smaller Pleco (perhaps BN or Rubberlip?)

I put it in to aqadvisor and got a stocking level of 84%, however I feel like this is pretty high for the small amount of fish I plugged in. Anyone have any advice? Also, what do you think about the angel and the gourami? I've heard on occasion it will work, but sometimes not. What do you guys think? Thanks!

is it a hex tank? that would be good for the angels, but aqadvisor might be taking into account the lower horizontal swimming space/oxygenation of a tall tank?

All of the 3 Spot Gouramis, no matter what color they are, can have a nasty attitude. Or they may be peaceful. In a larger tank they may work out. Keep an eye on them. I prefer Pearl Gouramis.

Same advice on Angel. Most are fine, some get aggressive when old enough to breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not a hex tank, the dimensions are 48.5"x13"x25". Perhaps that is what threw off the dimensions a bit. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into the pearl gourami.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

With a blue gourami (6"), an angelfish (5-6") and a pleco (4-5 inches and extreme bioload) 84% sounds about right.

The stocking calculator takes in your filter too. What filter will you run ?

It does not account for plants. Live plants can help keep a tank more stable. Not an excuse to overstock, but they help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies! We opted to drop the idea of the angel, and instead we're looking into a school of bottomfeeders. We'll be putting it together this sunday, and I'll be seeding it with media from my 120 to help the cycle along. Thanks for all of your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom