Stocking and Plant suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrcoolt

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my 29 gallon is just about ready for me to begin planting.
I know nothing about plants, but I do know I want a very thickly planted tank. I am also going to have some driftwood and am going to build a little cave out of rocks.
What would all of you recommend for plants? I do what some taller ones, but not a jungle. I also saw some moss that looked pretty cook, and also this grass looking stuff.

For fish, I know I am going to go with some Kribensis, a Bullnose (I think that’s what they are called or in some other variation of that) Pleco, and neon tetras. That all I have figured out so far. I have a Marineland Penguin 350 that is rated for a 60-70 gallon tank, so I think the bio load will be handled quite nicely with that large of a filter on a 29 gallon.

Some of the plants that I like are:
Crypt wendtii
Rotala tundara
Anacharis
Java fern
Java moss
Moneywort

They all grow fairly easily

I think biosfear has got the plants covered.
For fish you could add to your stock list
A type of cory
And another small school of fish.

Ok cool. Now I have a place to start. I am going to google every one of those plants so I know what they are supposed to look like....lol. This is my first attempt at a planted tank, well, a tank at this size. Ive have several 10 gallons but nothing larger.

Back
Top Bottom