Stocking for 3 tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WolfaraRose

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I would like input onto whether or not these stocking lists will work or not, but I did try to keep the levels of the tank balance in all of these. I will only be including the substrate, but there will be 7-10x capacity filtration on these. As well as adequate heaters, correct plants (would also like some suggestions on this front). And of course Hideyholes for the more skittish ones.

20 Gallon Planted Tank (gravel substrate)

2x Dwarf Gouramis (1m 1f)
6x Black and White Skirt tetras
1x Albino bristlenose pleco
1x kribensis
1x bumblebee catfish

29 Gallon Planted Tank (sand substrate)

3x Zebra Loach (looked and read that a group of 3 should be fine)
1x african butterfly fish
6x Mixed color Corycats
2x Cockatoo Apistogramma (1m, 1f)
1x pearl gourami (heard they are very docile but are big enough that going to the surface with an ABF that they shouldn't be bothered)

55 Gallon Planted Tank (can't decide between sand or gravel, maybe half of each? This is my Living room tank that EVERYONE who comes over will see. So keep that in mind with substrate.. XD)

3x Swordtails (1m 2f)
1x rainbow Shark
1x Bamboo Shrimp or Viper Shrimp
2x Golden Wonder Killifish
1x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1x Bristlenose Pleco (I heard having 2 in a 55 gallon wasn't a bad idea, but if you think it is let me know, and this guy won't be bought)
2x German Blue Rams (1m 1f)
6x Columbian Tetras
6x guppies (ALL male, unless you think I could feed the fry to the ABF or would the Killi take care of any free swimming fry?)
6x Apple Snail, Mystery Snail, Malaysian Trumpet Snail, or Nerite Snails (which of these is best or is there a different one ya'll would recommend?)

PLEASE READ
I tried to build these tanks around fish that I already have... and they are listed below. Any suggestions about removing them completely from the stock isn't what I'm looking for. On a side note, I haven't had any fin nipping issues from the Black and White Skirt Tetras.

3x Corycats
3x Swordtails
3x Black and White Skirt Tetras (1B 2W)
1x Colombian Tetra
1x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1x Rainbow Shark
2x dwarf gourami (1m 1f)
1x Bamboo Shrimp
1x Golden Wonder Killifish

The 20 gallon tank should be ok provided that the bumblebee cat is the South American species. I would be very cautious about adding the butterfly fish. They may be surface dwellers but I've seen some sink to the bottom to attack midwater species including tetras.

It would definitely be a SA Bumblebee :) And I will more then meticulously keep an eye on the ABFs sinking down.

Back
Top Bottom