Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then do it to it!

Issue, unless my LFS is hiding them from me, nobody in my city has them! Ill call my LFS tomorrow and ask and see if they can order one, wish me luck! so to recap:
29 gal tank, penguin bio wheel 170 150 watt heater:
1 apisto cichlid
8 odessa barbs
6 juli corys
1 pleco (can i get a clown pleco?)

tmg996 said:
Issue, unless my LFS is hiding them from me, nobody in my city has them! Ill call my LFS tomorrow and ask and see if they can order one, wish me luck! so to recap:
1 apisto cichlid
8 odessa barbs
6 juli corys

Usually they sell apistos as a male and female combo. But. I could be wrong, haha.

tmg996 said:
1 apisto cichlid
8 odessa barbs
6 juli corys

Also I'd go with a bristlenose pleco, hard worker and stays relatively small.

severum mama might still have a female apisto but other then that unless you can get it from a petstore all you will find is a pair.

severum mama might still have a female apisto but other then that unless you can get it from a petstore all you will find is a pair.

Say i cant find one, what other fish do you recommend? Possibly not a cichlid, because my LFS doesnt have alot of them

allaboutfish said:
maybe a pearl gourami or male betta but im not familiar with how aggressive those barbs are

Ive had some for over a year now. They aren't that aggressive. Especially if you are getting a large group like 8. I do worry about them because they can be a little nippy. I'm trying to think of a different centerpiece fish...

Ive had some for over a year now. They aren't that aggressive. Especially if you are getting a large group like 8. I do worry about them because they can be a little nippy. I'm trying to think of a different centerpiece fish...

Think all you can!!!! I need the help :)

The dwarf gouramis don't get too big and the opaline, gold and pearl gouramis get to be like 5 or 6 inches I believe. The pearl gouramis can have some real pretty color, I'd look into those.

tmg996 said:
How big do regular gouramis get, such as gold ones? If their too big i can do a dwarf

You might be able to get away with a normal gourami. Pearls are real pretty but an opaline gourami would contrast the red of the odessas really nicely. I'm not gourami expert but like I said, I think average gouramis get t be like 6 inches long. Which is kinda big because they aren't long and slender, they got some mass to them.

You might be able to get away with a normal gourami. Pearls are real pretty but an opaline gourami would contrast the red of the odessas really nicely. I'm not gourami expert but like I said, I think average gouramis get t be like 6 inches long. Which is kinda big because they aren't long and slender, they got some mass to them.

If they get big, how about 6 odessa barbs, 4 cory cats, and a bristlenose, with the opaline gourami, their really nice, red and blue are my favorite colors

opaline
423608491_ed2a21b286.jpg

pearl
2011-03-11_113403_Trichogaster_Le.jpg

opaline
423608491_ed2a21b286.jpg

pearl
2011-03-11_113403_Trichogaster_Le.jpg

I like the opaline alot! i have the odessas with their bright red, opaline with their awesome cool blue, some funny cory cats and a pleco! and my LFS has tons of opaline gouramis for 4 bucks! Why is it that bigger fish are generally cheaper?

tmg996 said:
If they get big, how about 6 odessa barbs, 4 cory cats, and a bristlenose, with the opaline gourami, their really nice, red and blue are my favorite colors

What kind of corys are you thinking about getting?

Back
Top Bottom