Stocking help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far I got:
Bolivian ram
Cockatoo apisto
Platinum angelfish
8 Peppered cories
6 rummynose tetras
6 Odessa barbs

Do you think I have room for anymore or is that fully stocked?

And knowing myself, this will probably change a million and one times between now and when I stock it! Lol

I don't think that's necessarily the max you could do, but it sounds great. What kind of filtration will you have?

I avoid barbs, personally, so I can't say if those are a good mix for the cichlids or not.

Well, since the odessa barbs are bigger than some other common schoolers, I would suggest just gettingnice big schools of them and the rummies rather than adding another school.
I think you also have space for small algae eater like a bnp, clown, zebra, pitbull trio or oto trio if you want them.
Since I remember you are pretty young, I definitely suggest chekcing the local availability of these fish before getting your heart set on them in case your parents don't let you order them. :)

siva said:
I don't think that's necessarily the max you could do, but it sounds great. What kind of filtration will you have?

I will have a fluval 305 canister filter, and maybe I'll run my two other smaller job filters along side it for surface agitation, and there's no hassle when I have to set up a quarantine

absolutangel04 said:
Well, since the odessa barbs are bigger than some other common schoolers, I would suggest just gettingnice big schools of them and the rummies rather than adding another school.
I think you also have space for small algae eater like a bnp, clown, zebra, pitbull trio or oto trio if you want them.
Since I remember you are pretty young, I definitely suggest chekcing the local availability of these fish before getting your heart set on them in case your parents don't let you order them. :)

So, you think I should go bigger with the rummynoses and the barbs, and keep the cories at 8?
Should I bump up the barbs and rummynoses at 8 or 9 and forget the other small algae eater, or keep the small algae eater?

It's going to take be a while to add all these schools. I'm getting the tank for my birthday (9 days :eek:) and it won't be stocked for a while! So I'll have a lot of time to look for these fish locally :)

I think you have room to both raise the numbers in your schools and get an algae eater. :)
But, I am not a filter expert, so I cannot say for sure what that filter will allow for. My advice so far is all about space and compatability. But, all stcoking should be done little by little anyways. :)

What is a bnp? I think the p stands for pleco. And what's a zebra? Sorry lol

I've never had any problems with nipping with my Odessas. As long as you keep the school at around 10 fishes they contain their roughness amongst themselves. :)
A little bit of a late post, but still.

Thank you! I just picked up the tank today! It's actually a 60 gallon, I wasn't expecting to buy it today, but yay! I have one question though, it comes with fluorescent lights, they say daylight on them so I'm guessing 6 k range? Not sure of the wattage, but I know they're t-8s. Should I still get t5 ho, or would these be ok for plants?

Im not sure if you guys have any experience with this though

EDIT: actually, I think they're like 15 watt because they are each 18 inches, there's two if them. So it looks like i will upgrade

Back
Top Bottom