Stocking Ideas - 20 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lowsmith

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a well established 20 gallon (wide) tank. currently I have 3 Corydoras Paleatus, 1 Bristlenose Plechostomus, 1 mystery snail, and 3 very small female Molly (about 9 months old, raised from fry) .

I was thinking about adding some more fish to the tank, and was wondering what other folks would recommend.

I was definitely thinking about adding a male molly eventually. but was torn between adding more live bearers like platys or guppies, or schooling fish like tetras.

I have had an issues in the past with overstocking so was also interested in suggestions for how many more fish (beyond just the 1 in / gal rule of thumb)

thanks

You could add the male molly and about 8-10 smallish schooling fish, like Harlequin Rasboras, without being overstocked. If it were me I'd stop after that because I like to stay understocked.

You could add the male molly and about 8-10 smallish schooling fish, like Harlequin Rasboras, without being overstocked. If it were me I'd stop after that because I like to stay understocked.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom